Thursday, February 18, 2010

Disturbing

I've had a disturbing morning folks. It all started when I found a little baby Jesus floating in my Diet Dr. Pepper. True story.

So, I assume y'all are aware of what a king cake is. A Mardi Gras tradition...and it typically has one of those little plastic babies hidden in it. I think whomever finds it gets good luck or something. Anyway, in anticipation of our Mardi Gras festivities, last week my friend Tabitha and I talked smack all week about who was gonna find the baby in the cake. It was gonna be a battle to the death, my friends. Well, wouldn't you know, it that biatch Tab found the baby and didn't hesitate to rub it in. Angry and bitter, I told her I didn't want her stupid baby Jesus anyway. Turns out she ended up losing her baby Jesus, which is really quite disturbing and makes me wonder if she's ever lost any of her 14 real kids......DCS report, anyone?

So, back to today. I arrived at work and got ready to take my precious Cubs cup to the kitchen to clean it out. Admittedly, I did not finish all of my Diet Dr. Pepper yesterday and forgot to clean it out before I left. So, I grab my cup and just happened to peer inside when I saw a floating Mardi Gras baby. Disturbed, yet amused at the same time, I immediately accused Tabitha of doing it. Swearing her innocence, I began to suspect perhaps it wasn't her after all. I was correct, because the culprit came out and admitted it. One Robin Daher is to blame. I admit, she got me good. Now, here's the deal. I cleaned baby Jesus up. He's sitting on my desk. He WILL reappear somewhere when least expected. Game on.

No comments: