Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The number of times I have to go back to Texas is.....

....down to ONE! Why's that, you may ask? Well......it's because MY SIS GOT A JOB IN ST. LOUIS!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!! That's right, that means my niece that I love sooooo much is gonna be right here in the STL permanently. Can you tell I'm excited? My sis landed a kick ass job she couldn't refuse, they'll be here permanently by the end of April. The reason I have to go back to Texas just one more time is for my niece's first birthday next month-I think I can handle that.

So....the trip to Dallas was good. OMG, so, my dad decided we'd leave Salem at 7pm, drive through the night and arrive at my sister's house around 5am. Mmmm kay. Well, I attempted to sleep most of the way, as did my mom. We arrived in Dallas at 4am, a bit earlier than anticipated, so we went to IHOP. Yep, sure did. The waiter looked at us like "why in the hell are you here at 4am?". I was asking myself that same question....anyhoo, Thursday and Friday the 'rents and I got to play baby sitter and stay home with Miss Kendall. She is just too cute. I mean, seriously. She's so funny....and happy....and wild. I love it. Kendall LOVES Dora (I think I watched about 50 episodes in two days. For reals) and I believe has a crush on Dora's cousin, Diego (she kept waving at him when he was on tv-so cute!). She loved the Dora doll I got her and carried her around...and chewed on her hand. :) The most exciting news is (besides the fact that they are moving back home)........Kendall learned to WALK! OMG...she mastered about 6-7 steps before falling (update: today my sis reports she walked about 15 total steps last night-fell once but picked herself back up and kept going-attagirl!). She now thinks she is a walking expert and can carry toys in both hands while trying to walk-she's so silly. It's so cute watching her little tiny self walking around like a big person! Mark it down-walking at 10.5 months. Kiddo is right on target with her developmental milestones! :)



Here's a pic of the two of us. Note her cheesy grin. She loves to scrunch up her nose and smile-my mom says my sister did that as a baby-so, like mother, like daughter!

Me, my little buddy......and Dora

7 comments:

Jen Estes said...

Aw, that's great news for you, KD! Welcome back!

KD said...

Thanks Jen! Recovering from a bout of food poisoning now (at least I think that's what it was...)...made for quite the unpleasant drive back to MO on Sunday....just sayin. :(

Blue said...

Hi KD, I hope that you are feeling better. It is wonderful news that your sister will be moving to St. Louis soon. Now it'll be easier for you to get your Kendall fix, who by the way gets bigger and cuter in every pick you post...lol.

KD said...

Thanks Blue! My appetite just came back today-kinda sad about that, I enjoyed they 4 lb weight loss. :)

Kendall is a cutie, that's for sure! It's just amazing watching her grow up. She's a pretty cool kid.

Blue said...

She really is growing fast....lol. I say that by the time your sis/family move to StL, Kendall will be running around on her two little feet like a pro, like she's running the bases I should say....lol

KD said...

she will be bred to be a baseball fan. my sis is very excited that her first game will be at busch stadium and not in arlington. i was kinda hoping to take in a rangers game this summer though...you know, to see rich harden's ass. :)

Blue said...

Rich Harden's ass...LMAO, you girls always make me laugh with that....lol