Friday, March 05, 2010

Signs of spring

An obvious sign of spring around here made itself known this morning....with a vengeance. As I neared my office building, the sweet, pungent scent of the landfill filled my nostrils. Mmmmm...nothing like the smell of toxic waste and shit to really give you spring fever, eh? OMG seriously. What are we even breathing in? I'm convinced everyone in this office park is either 1. gonna develop some weird type of cancer or 2. grow an extra appendage. It is sooooo gross. My boss is complaining of nausea and I have a headache. It may be psychosomatic....it may not be. We may never know.

Another obvious sign of spring is............Spring Training! Yay! It is in full force, the Cubbies had their first Spring Training game yesterday and....they won! Yay! While I am sad that I am not at Spring Training this year, I am still super duper excited that baseball season is nearly upon us again. It's my favorite. Although.......how bout them Blues, huh? Kickin' ass and takin' names since the Olympic break. Holla! Is it sad that we get excited about two wins in a row? Probably.

So....it's almost the weekend. Gotta get through this hellacious day at work but then...bring on the weekend baby! No plans tonight but going to the gym and then chillin at home, but tomorrow I'm having lunch with my good friend Renee and then tomorrow night is parrrrrtay time! Tomorrow is my friend Val's 40th birthday and we are gonna make sure she has a good time. We are meeting for pre-drink drinks at 6:15pm. I love the idea of having pre-drink drinks. Makes perfect sense to me.

12 comments:

J.J. said...

That's not the landfill you smell, it's Busch stadium :-)

KD said...

LMAO JJ! You may be right.....

Blue said...

JJ...that made me laugh out loud...lmao
KD, Pre-drink drinks, that sounds better than me having to mow the yard tomorrow.
Gotta love baseball, I was watching the Rays and Yankees on MLB Network, but I can't stand the Yankees, so I had to turn it off, watched just enough to get me fired up for baseball.

KD said...

come on down, Blue. We'll save a pre-drink drink for ya! ;)

I cannot wait for baseball...it makes me happy just knowing it's right around the corner! :)

Blue said...

I LOVE baseball! We got a care package from my Mom and my sisters last week, she sent me an Astros ballcap, my late fathers favorite team, that was very cool, just about made me cry....gotta love Moms.
I used to take my glove and a baseball with me on deployments, just in case we got a chance to play a game of catch, but we were always too tired and just wanted to sleep....lol

KD said...

Aw Blue, you're gonna make ME cry! That was very sweet of them....my friend Jason The Astros Fan would approve. :) He tells me the Stros are gonna suck this year, by the way.

Blue said...

Ok, no crying, me knowing that you may cry makes me want to cry....lol...I'm a guy, but I'm not afraid to say that I get moved to tears pretty easily.
I have to agree with Jason on the Stros on this season. I always hate when the Cubs and Astros play since they were my Dads team and mine for awhile.

KD said...

Yea...I'm the girl that cries while watching Dancing With The Stars..... ;)

Blue said...

Wow. I would love to watch Old Yeller with you....just sayin....lol

Blue said...

My wife cried during the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie....when Splinter (the rat) dies....lol

KD said...

LOL! I think Mrs Blue and I would get along just fine! That.is.awesome. I cry when I'm happy...sad....mad...confused...tired....sick....happy....

Blue said...

Whenever we go to a movie, I ALWAYS grab a bunch of napkins.....just in case....lol