Monday, March 08, 2010

My dreams have finally come true!!!!

Did anyone watch the closing ceremonies of the Winter Olympics? The ceremony certainly had an, um, Canadian feel, probably because it took place in Canada (they're a bit wacky up there, I'm just sayin). Toward the end there was a certain part of the ceremony that got my attention, however (besides Michael Buble-my most recent crush). And that part was the giant blow-up beavers, moose and......mounties. YESSSSS! They were awesome and I'm totally going against my own anti blow-up rule here, but I want one. Can you imagine having a giant beaver in your front yard? That would be SPECTACULAR! Well, luckily for me, I have Canadian connections. I was informed today that, in fact, these bad boys are for sale....for the low, low price of $5,000....Canadian dollars (roughly $4800 here in the good ol' US of A). Can anyone loan me 4800 bucks? I HAVE to have one. I wonder what the canadian geese across the street will think of this........

Here's the whole article...frickin hilarious!

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=4971386

10 comments:

rp said...

This would get you tons of street cred with your friendly neighbourhood Canadian Geese

KD said...

I'm not sure "friendly" is a word I would use. Those bitches will bite you in a heartbeat......

rp said...

As is always the case, you should try being nice to your Canadian neighbours. They can probably sense your anger towards them.

P.S. : It's not the beaks you have to watch out for . . . their wings can break arms or legs.

rp said...

As is always the case, you should try being nice to your Canadian neighbours. They can probably sense your anger towards them.

P.S. : It's not the beaks you have to watch out for . . . their wings can break arms or legs.

KD said...

great, so now not only do I have to worry about being pecked to death, but I also have to worry about a Canadian goose getting me in a headlock w/it's wing......

Blue said...

Be careful around them geese KD, you don't want to end up here....lol
http://www.vaguebuttrue.com/

Jen Estes said...

$4,800? Sure, seems like a lot now, but that's a solid investment for the future! Screw the 401K and get a beaver!

KD said...

Too funny Blue!
And Jen, seriously, who DOESN'T want a giant beaver? I mean, um......

luvrob said...

I don't even know where to begin, but no, I will not give you $4800 for a giant beaver. I can get you a "slightly used beaver" for $1.99 per minute.

KD said...

Rob, that's what I love about you-SO resourceful!