Monday, March 29, 2010

Excited and pissed off....all at the same time

How is it that you can be excited and pissed off at the same time? Well, let me first start with the one thing that pisses me off-that would be MY JOB. Ugh, the big change happens Thursday. I'm anticipating it being hell on Earth, that may sound like I'm being pessimistic, but I prefer to call it realistic. It's gonna suck. In preparation, half my team is off today so this is a particularly sucky Monday at 19 mother effin' cases. Remember a FULL caseload is 12. So...you can imagine how much 19 sucks ass. I expect it to hit the mid-20's on Thursday. Kill me, kill me now.

Enough of that ickiness, let's move on to the good stuff, shall we? I'm in official countdown mode, not only for the return of MLB baseball, but more importantly, my sis, bro-in-law and niece will officially be St. Louis residents on SATURDAY!!!! WOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! I am so beyond happy that they're coming home. Aunt Kerri is gonna go broke having that little munchkin so close by...and I don't even care. My parents are heading down to Texas on Wednesday to help them finish packing up. They will start their trek home on Friday and will officially be here on Saturday. That is for reals the greatest thing EVER! That, and it's Easter weekend, so my whole family will be together for church on Sunday (except for my bro who now has a job....on weekends only). This is Kendall's 2nd official Easter-she came home from the hospital on Easter Sunday last year. Easter is quickly becoming my favorite "holiday". :) I put together an Easter basket for the kiddo-something tells me Kendall Alyson is about to have a good week. Not only is she moving to St. Louis where she'll be surrounded by family, but she's gonna be bombarded with Easter treats AND.....her first birthday is next week on April 8. I think she should be nominated for Best Week Ever. I can tell you, my dining room looks like Toys-R-Us threw up. I can't help it-she's my only niece, she can pretty much have whatever she wants.

I'm also excited about the start of the MLB season-ONE WEEK from today people! One week! I'm actually excited for the Cubs season because.....there are no expectations. No pressure. The Cardinals are the NL Central favorite, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Let them have all the pressure and media spotlight. Let my Cubbies just play some baseball. Right? I am so, so, so excited that Tyler Colvin made the team. I expect great things from this kid. I mean, he batted like .400 or something in Spring Training and has been nothing short of amazing. I watched the Cubs game on Saturday and he was a double shy of hitting for the cycle. Me likey a lot. There is only one roster spot left and while my hormones hope it belongs to Micah Hoffpauir, I'm not so sure it will be. There are four battling for that spot and I suspect it's gonna be either Chad Tracy or Kevin Millar-who is old, but apparently a good influence in the clubhouse. That, and he organized Cubs Idol (a fun way to haze the rookies). Good times.

Yes, lots of things to be excited about.....one big thing to be pissed off about. I'm gonna do my best to focus on the good. Either that, or I may start drinking. A lot.

3 comments:

J.J. said...

Us Wisconsin folks aren't all that bad, pretty laid back in fact. So I predict you will come to love your friendly cheeseheads, even if they are about 5 beers short of a six-pack of Miller High Life. :-)

Can you believe baseball season is almost here!! I'm trying to be excited, but without Teddy there on opening day it will just not be the same. *sigh*

KD said...

I'm sure most Wisconsin-ites are fine. What makes me nervous, however, is that I'm already familiar w/some of the psych hospitals (Rogers Memorial in particular) and they are very difficult to work with. I'm used to easy TN, where they're so laid back, they don't care what you tell them.

Blue said...

Hey you, so are you glad the weekend is here? Time to get away from work for awhile and enjoying some time with your family.
The Cubbies looked good yesterday against the Rockies, Fonzy went deep, Marmol threw a slider for a strikout....lol....it was all good.