Monday, March 08, 2010

Cubs, nuns and Lady GaGa

I'll bet I can top whatever cool thing happened to you this weekend. How's that, you may ask? Well, I'll tell you. So, Saturday was BEAUTIFUL here in the STL. It was sunny and temps hit 60, so I decided to get back out on the pavement and go jogging. I haven't jogged outside since the fall (having had to move all my exercise indoors during the cold months), so I was pretty excited. I went my usual route-down to Francis Park and back-about four miles. While jogging around the park I saw the coolest thing ever. Jogging in the opposite direction from me was....a pack of wild nuns. True story. The Sisters, in their full nun outfits were jogging in the park. Picture it for a second. You're jealous, aren't you?

Aside from that awesomeness, the weekend as a whole was pretty good. I was able to watch my first Cubs game of the season-granted it's just Spring Training but it was SO good to see the boys in blue again! I loves them and Rami was lookin goooooooood my friends. Good indeed. My other baseball boyfriend, Micah Hoffpauir needs to lose the long hair, however. His ass still looked good though. And OMFG, so The Prospect, Starlin Castro was born in the F**KING 1990's. What the?????? That is when you know you're old.

I also had lunch with my friend Renee on Saturday-always a good time-I swear the two of us could talk forever. On Saturday night I went out for my friend Val's 40th birthday. Considering I'm personally never turning 40, I wanted to see what a 40th birthday would look like-and what it looked like was a drunken good time. I was dancing with the gays to "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. I think you can imagine how the rest of the night went. All of my favorite peeps were there, I think Val had fun, and that's what's most important.

Sunday was recovery day, not gonna lie. I'm old as hell and getting home at nearly 3am is just not do-able like it used to be. Yikes. I managed to run a few errands yesterday but other than that, was pretty much a lazy slug. I DID, however, get a surprise call from my favorite foreigner last night, so that ended the day on a good note (even if most of the convo consisted of making fun of me. It is what it is.). I skipped the Oscars because, well, they're boring.

Now, operating on a full night's sleep I am ready to tackle Monday. Bring it, bitches!

2 comments:

Blue said...

I would be jealous if the running Nuns had a better pace than me....lol

KD said...

Oh no, I was SO out-running the sisters!!!! I think.