Thursday, March 05, 2009

Lou Piniella and Co are BACK!

So, last night, for a small moment in time, I was infinitely happy. I haven't been too happy as of late, so it was a welcome change. Now, don't go gettin' all worried about me, call it seasonal depression, call it the blahs, call it whatever, I'm sure I'll be fine. So, what made me infinitely happy, you may ask? Well....it was the fact that, for the first time since October, I was able to watch Cubs baseball. Yes, that's right, WGN aired a pre-season game last night and I couldn't have been more ecstatic. They were even playing the dreaded White Sox, so it was doubly fun. Just seeing some of my favorite boys in blue but a big ol' goofy smile on my face. Got to see my man Aramis Ramirez, and little Ryan Theriot, and So Taguchi??? SO weird seeing SO in blue, but whatever, dude hit a nice 2-run scoring base hit, so I won't complain too much. Yes, baseball is almost here folks (opening day is April 6, be there or be square!), get ready! I know I am! In case you were wondering, my geriatric crush on Lou Piniella is still in tact. Did you see the interview with him? I heart Lou. ;)

I also watched the Mizzou/Oklahoma basketball game....big exciting stuff as Missouri was ranked 12th and OU 4th. But guess what? Mizzou kicked their little Sooner booties. LOVE IT! My girls Tanya, Allison and I are having March Madness Day on 3/20. Can't wait to fill out my brackets and pretend I know what I'm talking about (I don't. At all.). Good times! :)

No comments: