Tuesday, March 31, 2009

KD's American Idol Top 9 Recap

Because my opinion is the only one that matters, I bring you, my take on tonight's performances. First of all, I think Paula's due for another round of botox injections because she was lookin a little tired tonight. I'm just sayin. Second, of all....ok, maybe I don't have a second of all right now. Let's just get to the break down, shall we?


ANOOP-Oh Anoop. I do like him. Really, I do. But trying to do Ur-sher? Really? He sang it ok but the judges were right-it was like karaoke. And it's what I'd imagine it would sound like if Usher performed on cruise ships.......

MEGAN-Oh for the love of God in Heaven, please, please, PUH-LEASE vote her off this show America! I'd rather listen to Sanjaya butcher some songs than her warbling. I swear! Bob Marley is soooooooooo turning in his grave right now. And seriously, can someone make her stop dancing? I'm constanting thinking we need to get the Dilantin ready because I'm convinced she's having a seizure. And was it just me, or did she sound like Kermit the Frog at the end????

DANNY-LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Danny tonight! I'm not gonna lie-I started to get a little teary-eyed. His rendition of "What Hurts The Most" by Rascal Flatts was beautiful. Simon even clapped, which has got to count for something.

ALLISON-I thought she rocked it, but did it seem short to anyone else? Seems like other folks sang longer. And as I commented on Facebook, she kinda looked like Bam Bam. And as my friend Justin pointed out, she looked like she had just gotten kicked off Bret Michael's Rock of Love Bus......

SCOTT-Dammit, Scott did good this week. Although, I could have bet money he'd do Billy Joel. I mean, it's not like he branches out much with his song choices. I know the judges commented on his "makeover" but seriously, what the F was up with the hair? He for real looked like Kirk Cameron circa 1988-the Growing Pains years. Only less hot. I'm just sayin......

MATT-I thought the judges were a bit harsh, I liked him tonight. I think he sounded better than the lead singer of The Fray, so shouldn't that count for something?

LIL-Oh sweet Lil. Celine Dion? Really? NO ONE likes Celine Dion, not even Canadians (ok, so my friend Carrie likes her but she's the only one..... ;) ). She sang the song well but quite honestly, I already forgot how it goes. At least her kids are cute.

ADAM-Ok, so he did well. At times, it felt a little weird (weird in a "maybe I'm trippin acid right now and listening to Led Zeppelin sort of way), at others it was disco-esque and quite fun, but over all, dude has some range and at least he's not boring. The last note was A-MA-ZING.

KRIS-LOVED him!!!! Wow! He sang "Ain't No Sunshine" and really did make it current. He is one of my faves on this show although he needs to watch the John Mayer-esque faces he makes. Again, I'm just sayin.....

The best of the night were, by far, Danny and Kris

The worst of the night was, by far, Megan and, well, Megan.

My guess for the bottom 3? It's a bit harder this week, but I'd for real go with Megan, Matt and Anoop. And I hope to GOD this is the week we bid Megan adieu.

No comments: