Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I have an owie....

So, for a girl who is terrified of the dentist, I sure have gone to see him a lot in the last few weeks. Does it have to do with the fact that he's hot? Noooooooooo....puhlease, I'm not that shallow....no really, I'm not.....

Anyhoo...so I've had this tooth pain for the last two days, I was pretty sure it was that pesky wisdom tooth acting up, so I called my dentist's office today only to be told that I needed to come in for an "emergency appointment". That sounded rather intimidating, but being ever the kiss ass and not wanting to disappoint others, I went. And, Dr. Hottie took one look at that tooth (not that that was an easy task since I can barely open my mouth...) and said "yep, it's infected". Gee, I'm sure glad my insurance company is paying him lots and lots of dollars to make that fine assessment. He then proceeded to yell at me (ok, so "yell" is a strong word, but he did admonish me like I was a naughty six year old....) for not having scheduled my oral surgery yet. I tried to explain to him that getting a day off at my job is nothing short of a miracle (often times causing you to have to promise the soul of your first born child....especially if you want a Friday off), but that I would make a more conscious effort to convince my boss I needed a couple days off so that an oral surgeon can rip some teeth out of my skull. He then wrote me a script for some amoxicillin (here's hoping I'm not allergic like my brother is...so far, so good) and sent me on my merry way.

Did you guys know that Schnucks has certain antibiotics for FREE???? I sure as hell didn't, but my script today was free which made me one happy girl. One thing that didn't make me happy was the dosing. It says to take "every six hours". Uh....what? That sounds like math to me. Now "take it twice a day" or "take one at bedtime" are instructions I can clearly follow, but "take every six hours"? Now I gotta sit down with the clock and figure this out....I mean, if I take it tonight before I go to bed, does that mean I have to get up at 4am for my next dose? Because if it does, you got another thing coming, Mr. Dentist. I don't care how hot you are! I'm not getting up at 4am unless my house is on fire. And even then I'd have to think about it.

So, I have barely eaten in the last two days because I can't open my mouth very wide and it hurts to chew. Tonight, I thought I'd try something mushy like mashed potatoes. If ever you wanted entertainment, this was it. Yikes. I could barely open my mouth to shovel them in, then it was a matter of trying to chew...let's just say it probably most resembled an elderly person at the nursing home during dinner time...gumming my mashed potatoes and practically drooling on myself. In other words, it was HOT.

I think these antibiotics have gone to my head.........

No comments: