Tuesday, March 10, 2009

KD breaks down the American Idol Top 13

I had to post on this tonight while I still remember the performances (and some, truthfully, I needed the recap to remember....). So, tonight was the first night of actual real performances on American Idol and to sum it up in a few words, some were great, some were so so and some were destined to be appearing at a karaoke stage near you. So, without further adieu, let's break it down, shall we?

Lil Rounds-she's clearly very good. No doubt. But she needs to remember she is not Mary J. Blige. That being said, she is probably gonna be the last woman standing (not hard since only 5 of the 13 are women!).

Scott McIntyre-In performances past, I have really loved him, but tonight I missed his entire performance because my satellite went out. Was he any good? Mom, does his stage presence still freak you out? ;)

Danny Gokey-LOVE me some Danny! His voice is amazing, yes, his dancing was a bit scary (what white dude dancing ISN'T scary?), but he is just great, great, great. And I love Michael Jackson's "PYT". Great song. :)

Michael Sarver-Ok, nice guy, an "every man" if you will. He's a good singer, but he's way outta his league here. I feel bad saying that, but there are 8-9 other singers that are just way, way better.

Jasmine (forgot her last name, enter that HERE)-I thought her rendition of "I'll Be There" was great, not exciting, but she hit every note and she's cute as a button.

Kris (forgot his last name too....)-Ok, I have never seen him before, but I liked him. The singing was good, the judges were right-he has a bit of a Jason Mraz vibe to him. I personally dig Jason Mraz so it was a-ok with me. Besides, he's adorable. He'll get the little teeny bopper girl vote for sure.

Allison (what in the hell is her last name? Geez, I'm getting bad at this....)-Um, are you sure that girl is only 16? I thought she was great-kinda reminds me of the lead singer of Heart. I'm convinced this girl is at least 36, however.....

Anoop "Dogg" Desai-Oh Anoop, I do love him, I really do, but the judges were spot on-it sounded like karaoke. But I still love him

Jorge Nunez (is that right? The last name? I really can't remember....)-Not gonna lie, I have a soft spot in my heart for good ol' Jorge. That being said, he was not all that great tonight. Pretty cheesy, fairly cruise shippy and it looked like he borrowed his outfit from Don Johnson during the Miami Vice years....yowza.

Megan (NO idea what her last name is.)-Ugh. "Rockin Robin"? Are you kidding me? Ugh again. I couldn't wait for it to be over. Also very karaoke-esque and do my ears deceive me or did I hear her "caw" like a bird at the end? WTF????

Adam Lambert-HOLLA!!!! LOVED me some Adam tonight. Yes, he's a bit theatrical at times, but good Lord can he hit some notes! He. Was. Amazing. Nuff said.

Matt Gerard-this kid reminds me of Justin Timberlake. He did fairly well, the end was a bit icky, but overall a nice job. He's not all that memorable though. Other than the fact that he looks like JT. Moving on.

Alexis Grace-I know Simon wasn't impressed, but I thought her "Dirty Diana" was hot! I can't believe that voice comes out of that little bitty girl! She and Lil are definitely the girls to beat!

So, two will be going home tomorrow night. I'd say it's a three-way tie between Michael, Anoop and Jorge. May the best man win.

My favorites are definitely Adam and Danny. They are leagues above everyone else.

Seacrest out.

No comments: