Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Week 36 Red.....we're officially on the Baby Baum countdown!!!!!

In less than a month, I will be an aunt. More importantly, in less than a month, my baby sister will be a mommy. THAT is something I cannot wait for. Our little baby girl will be here soon! With each passing day, I grow more and more excited, I just can't wait to meet her and see what she looks like. And spoil her, of course. ;)

So, she's almost done cookin, but there are still some things going on with her this week:



-Your baby is almost ready and most likely, so are you! The only organ still to mature is the lungs. While certainly you are both growing anxious to meet, remember that each day (up to 42 weeks), that your little one stays within your womb will multiply her chances to breathe on her own. (I'm pretty sure my sister doesn't want to hear the words "fourty TWO weeks"). ;)

-If she hasn't already, this week your baby may drop into the birth canal. While breathing for mom becomes easier, walking may be the exact opposite! If she's not your first baby, this "lightening" may not occur until right before labor.

-Fat is dimpling your baby's elbows and knees, and forming creases in the neck and wrists. (YES! I love fat babies!) :)

-Her skin is growing smooth and, shall we say it, "baby" soft.

-Her gums are very rigid. It won't be many months before you'll see her teeth.

-She has a fully developed pair of kidneys and her liver has begun processing some waste products. (great?)

-Your child's average size is now 18.66 inches (47.4cm) and 5.78 pounds (2622 g). Between now and birth she will gain about an ounce a day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am predicting that she will be born on my bday and that she will be awesome, because people born on that day are, simply put, perfect! your sister is disgusting. i look like i ate your sister and i'm 29 wks!

lizard

KD said...

April 2 babies ARE perfect! ;)
And Lizzard, I'm sure you look beautiful in all your 29 week prego glory! I miss you my friend!

kristy said...

We'll take April 2...just not April 1, since that's our anniversary.:) I'm sure I'll be a lot bigger with my next pregnancy, so I'm living it up now.:)

KD said...

Sis, you can just be like my friend Julie...she said the other day that she decided to just not lose the baby weight from the first one b/c she knew she wanted to get pregnant again anyway....love it! :)
Get that baby daddy shirt packed! Tell Baumgart to get on it!