Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life is good....for the most part

Ahhhhh...it's spring in Missouri. All the beautiful (yet allergen filled) trees and flowers are blooming, the temps are in the 60's, and after the "snow" from this weekend, it appears perhaps the weather may at least kinda stay nice for awhile. Oh, and Cubs baseball starts on Monday. :)

In other good news, my sister's due date is now only NINE days away. That's single digits folks. Yes, Baby Girl Baum is due next Thursday, I couldn't be more excited. I know my sister and Jon are ready for her to make her appearance. Grandma Val has her bags packed for that rush trip to Texas. I have my cell phone by my side awaiting The Call. My brother and I are flying to Dallas on April 15 (hopefully our precious niece has already made her debut) and I can't wait for that!

In yet more good news, my baby brother is graduating with his Associates Degree in May. I am so proud of him. Yes, he is going on to complete his Bachelors (which will take him another 2 years), but he's working hard and I think when it's all said and done, will be a GREAT teacher. Poor kid, he's been substitute teaching for the Salem school district the last couple of weeks, which he likes. What he doesn't like is the little junior high girls talking about how "hot" Mr. Davidson is. LMAO!!!! ;) Hey Timbo, when ya got it, ya got it!

So, lots of good stuff is going on with my family, which, in turn, makes me happy. What's going on with me, you may ask? Well, not a whole hell of a lot, which is ok, I guess. I DO have an emergency appointment with my dentist today. As you all know, I have a freakishly freaky fear of the dentist (see earlier posts where I made a damn fool of myself at his office), but even that I don't care about today. You see, I am in pain. For the last two days, I've had pain on the left side of my face-I thought it was that damn wisdom tooth that's coming in and growing in sideways, but the pain has now spread to my entire jaw and my ear. I'm having difficulty swallowing and I can't even open my mouth wide enough to eat (which really seems like an ok thing to me-not eating for a couple days? Hello, weight loss!). So, I was a big girl and I called my dentist's office today. When I told my story the lady was like "uh, yea, you need to get in here today. We're setting up an emergency appointment". Great. Yahoo. Fun times. At least I don't have time to be anxious about it. Wish me luck!

No comments: