Friday, March 27, 2009

Elite 8, TJ Oshie and snow at the end of March

We have a lot of topics to discuss on this dreary Friday, so let's get to it.

1. It's supposed to snow here in the STL tomorrow. Um....excuse me? Are you kidding me with that crap? It's almost April for crying out loud. I do not condone this behavior, weather! Ya hear me?

2. Could the Blues possibly be playing better hockey right now? I mean, seriously? Last night's game (sorry to any Canucks fans out there....you know who you are) was quite possibly the best one I've seen the Blues play all season. And that TJ Oshie kid? Dude is EVERYWHERE. I do believe I indicated at the beginning of the season back in October that he would be my favorite. I stand by that claim. And that Chris Mason is a monster in goal. It's a darn shame the Blues didn't play better at the beginning of the season because it will be a real travesty if they don't make the playoffs. With only like 8 games left, they are ONE POINT out of a playoff spot. Come on Edmonton and Nashville, help us out a bit, would ya? Sure, hockey is Canada's national past time, but how bout you bow outta this one Oil? And who even watches hockey in Tennessee anyway? (the answer, surprisingly, is EVERYONE. When I went to Nashville for business last month, those folks were all about showin their love for the Predators....it was weird).

3. Missouri Tigers basketball. Does it get any better than this? I, like most of the residents of this fine state, stayed up until 11:30 last night watching Mizzou DESTROY Memphis. It was one of the most exciting basketball games I've ever watched. Truly. And that Mizzou shot from the other side of the court? Fuggedddaboutit. At one point, Mizzou had a TWENTY-SIX point lead. That's just ridiculous. The final score was 102-91, no one has scored that much against Memphis this year. Amazing. Mizzou is going to the Elite 8 for the first time in I don't know how long. They have a really, REALLY tough opponent in UConn. But hey, Memphis was supposed to beat them and they didn't, so I now have faith that the boys in black and gold can handle themselves against UConn. The game is tomorrow afternoon and I can't wait!!!!! And, let it be known that on my brackets, I, Kerri M Davidson, did pick Mizzou to go to the Elite 8, I also picked them to lose to UConn, but now that they're actually there (because let's face it, it was my heart that picked them to go this far, not necessarily my head), I really hope I'm wrong. I will gladly be wrong on this one. GO TIGERS!!!!!!

4. Let's discuss American Idol for a minute. I didn't get to watch the elimination last night, but I know that Michael Sarver got the boot. That's fine because, let's face it, it was nearing his time. But here's where I get all worked up-that weird dancing, terrible singing Megan didn't even make the bottom 3? Are you f'ing kidding me???? My sister echoes my sentiment as she texted me last night "who the F is voting for Megan". My thoughts exactly sis. My thoughts exactly. Mom, Aunt Paula, the blind guy lives to see another day (pun intended. I'll be cashing in my ticket to hell now).

5. Have I mentioned it's supposed to snow here this weekend?

9 comments:

kristy said...

oh my gosh, that half-court shot had both jon and i jump off the couch...which is saying alot for a 38-week pregnant chick.

Ugh, I may stop watching AI if that megan girl does not leave soon. I don't know who in their right mind would vote for her???

KD said...

Sis, I would have paid money to see your 9 month pregnant self jump off the couch....did you scare Chloe-girl?

kristy said...

Nope, miss chloe was being very independent last night and just wanted to go in the backyard. usually if we let her out, she'll sit on the patio and stare at us until we let her back in. last night? She refused to come in and kept sticking her nose in a mysterious hole she's been digging. :)

Val said...

Does Megan's dance remind anyone else of that dance Elaine did on Sienfeld? That's all I could think about. And your brother actually voted several times for Scott. He said he's not a great singer but he's is kinda cute in a blind guy kind of way. He felt sorry for him when the judges ripped into the poor guy.

Kristy keep an eye on Chloe. Sounds to me like she is digging a hole to freedom. I'm just saying.

KD said...

it's TOTALLY like the Elaine dance, mom!!!!
Um...I'm a little concerned that Timbo thinks the blind guy is cute......???????
Ha..yea, Chloe's making a run for it!!! LOL!!!

PAULA said...

Federation of the blind be damned. Scott and his PINK pants have got yo go!! Seriously!!!!

PAULA said...

Yes Kerri, apparantly I wrote "yo go". You know I meant to go. Do not make fun of your nearly 44 year old auntie.

Val said...

Doesn't anyone else think it's cruel that they dressed Scott in pink pants? What kind of evil is that?

KD said...

Why don't I remember the pink pants? Apparently I've blocked them from my memory.....