Monday, March 09, 2009

My sister's due date is ONE MONTH from today!

Good morning all and happy Monday. I say this as I am listening to Dr. Annoying drone on and on and on about his son's soccer tournament this weekend. I swear, by listening to him, you'd think this kid is the next Pele....I expect him to make the next Olympic team....(enter me rolling my eyes).
I had a good weekend, spent it at my parents. I needed some time away to relax and I did do that, but I also sneezed a lot. Seems I forget that while the spring weather is lovely, it also brings out all the allergens-so, I spent some time outside but paid the price for it. My parents have a new pet. Well, my dad says he's not staying, but I have a feeling pops is getting soft in his old age. This lil guy (named Rex by my brother), just showed up the other day and has stuck around. He's not at all intimidated by Hank or Stubby (I actually saw them both back down to this little thing at dinner time...those two NEVER back down at dinner time...), so unless we can find him a new home, I suspect he's already found one....

Sad news, my friend Carilee's mother passed away on Saturday. I've known Carilee (and her mom) since I was in kindergarten, so this was kinda shocking and sad to hear. She'd been sick with cancer for a couple of years now, so I know it was expected, but it's still hard to hear. Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with Carilee and her family. Makes me appreciate even more what I have.

I'm working half a day today, but not to go do something fun. Oh no, it's Dentist Day...part deux. I'm trying to not be a big baby like I was last time, but I'm already feeling anxious. I can't eat, and I'm quite antsy. I need to get a grip. And/or some heavy duty anxiety meds.....

Turns out I'm somewhat obsessed with the World Baseball Classic. Who knew? I watched both Team USA games (kicking the CRAP out of Venezuela and beating those friendly Canucks by a run) and apparently am way into the Dominican Republic. Again, who knew? I just about drooled on the TV this weekend as I got to see Mark DeRosa (now former Cubbie...boo!) and Ted Lilly and Carlos Marmol from the Cubs....makes me SO excited for baseball season!

In other good news, today is March 9......my precious baby niece is due on April 9....ONE MONTH from today! Wow. I can't hardly believe it and I can't wait to meet her. My brother-in-law posted pictures of her finished nursery last night and it looks GREAT! She is gonna love her new home! I snagged a couple of pics as well as a pic of my beautiful sis at 35 weeks (yes, it caused some people at work to curse her name as she looks GREAT!). Here ya go:lookin good kid!Love it! Can you guess her name? Jon hung up just a few of the letters to mess with my parents when they were there a couple of weeks ago....me thinks I know...... ;)
this pic made me cry. In her special little chair is the Build-A-Bear that her Auntie Kerri gave her and the stuffed pig (that represents her Great Grandma B) from the Baumgartners....so precious.
And last but not least, I miss my Mikey. He's been in San Diego and has abandoned his Ker Bear. I'm just sayin.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm trying to guess Baby B's name. But I have a question: are the letters on the wall in order?

KD said...

Hmmmm....good question. I think it is really, really mean of Baumgart to tease us like that..... ;)

Anonymous said...

Just saw on FB where Kristy said the letter are NOT in order!!! SO what do you think it is (since you know your sis better than anyone)?

Anonymous said...

WAIT...I have a guess! Is it Alayna (or something like that)?

kristy said...

Bwahahhahaha....this is fun!! Dad had to ask if it included the middle name. We can neither deny nor confirm that. :)

KD said...

You are EVIL Red! EVIL I tell ya! ;)
I don't like surprises...... :)