Tuesday, March 17, 2009

American Idol Top 11 round up

Yikes....country music week always has the potential to be scary. I mean, most of these people are not ever gonna be country music stars (I'll be talking about Adam Lambert in a minute). And seriously, seeing Randy Travis made me laugh out loud. Funny story-when my siblings and I were kids, typically every Saturday our mom took us to lunch at the Salem Pizza Hut (holla!) and inevitably, every single time we were there, Randy Travis's "Forever And Ever Amen" was playing on the jukebox. And my mother would always, always, always make fun of it, sometimes even making up her own lyrics, and us kids joined in on the fun. Ok, so maybe the story wasn't all that funny, but it's some good memories, so thanks Randy Travis! Ok, let's break down tonight's performances, shall we?

Michael Sarver-Ok, yea, yea, yea, he's a nice guy, I get it, but I also think he's going home this week. His rendition of "Ain't Goin Down Til The Sun Comes Up" was good, just not good enough although I did enjoy him sassing Simon.

Allison Iraheta-she was pretty good, Paula's comments seemed to confuse her (as they did the rest of us as well....). I'm kinda neutral about her.

Kris Allen-LOVED him! One of my favorites tonight. Not only is he adorable, but the lil dude can SING! I heart him.

Lil Rounds-well, she looked GREAT. Her performance? Eh, it was ok. Better than I could do, certainly, but just ok in my opinion. That being said, she will be safe for many weeks to come.

Adam Lambert-what the f**k was that???? I'm pretty sure Johnny Cash is turning in his grave right now. Yowza. I's skurrrrrred. And he scared Randy Travis too, that made me LMAO. And seriously, could dude BE any gayer? Hell, he makes Mikey look straight. Well, kinda.

Scott MacIntyre-ok, I'm gonna be the bad guy here, but I'm kinda over the blind guy. Yes, I said it, so sue me. I mean, he's got a nice enough voice and he seems like a nice guy, but he's kinda boring. I'm just sayin.....

Alexis Grace-I'm starting to get over her too. The song was ok, she thinks she's better than she actually is. And her hair? What the f? She looked like she was 87 years old and just got it set at the beauty parlor. I mean, seriously! Honey, you're 21 years old. Look like it for crying out loud!

Danny Gokey-ok, was the beginning great? No, but was the ending? Yes. And Mikey, he sang "Jesus Take The Wheel", one of your favorite songs to perform at work! I heart Danny Gokey.

Anoop Desai-LOVED him tonight! Holla! Anoop Dogg redeemed himself hardcore tonight, the song was beautiful and listening to Randy Travis try to say "Anoop" was worth the price of admission.

Megan Joy-I'm sorry, but I just don't get it. What the f was that? The judges seem to dig her for reasons unknown, I don't and it's my blog. So there. Next.

Matt Giraud-Yea, he was pretty darn good, I must say, sounded great, but will he ever sing without playing the piano? Stay tuned. Ok, I'm just jealous because one of my life's goals is to learn how to play the piano....and seriously, watching Paula try to say the word "authenticity" was freakin hilarious. And was she sniffing Simon's arm? Weird, but at least she was fairly lucid tonight and seemed to have laid off the opiates a bit.

My guess is that nice guy Michael is heading home tomorrow. We shall see!

Seacrest out.

5 comments:

PAULA said...

You forget to mention the blind guy Scott. WTF?!!! Nice guy but he sucks! I've never been PC nad I am not going to start now.

Val said...

I know Paula. Dude needs to wear sunglasses or something. And do they have to have him try to sing and dance during the group sing along? The poor guy is about 5 steps behind everyone else.

KD said...

ha ha ha...aunt La La..you said "nad".... ;)

Oh and by the way, BOTH of you are going to hell. And I'll be right there with you. Save me a seat.

PAULA said...

To cement my place in hell, I do believe they have to draw straws to see who is going to help him get up and down. I'm just saying!

Anonymous said...

that's funny that your mom made fun of that randy travis song. my mom did the same thing. she would crack me up imitating his completely dead pan singing face.