Monday, May 05, 2008

Just call me Sniffles McGee

Nothing like being sick all weekend! Remember all those fun plans I had? Yea......didn't do any of them...except go to the Cubs/Cards game last night. Here is your Pathetic Sight Of The Week: picture me, Friday night, sitting on my couch in my jammies.....sobbing. I was so sick all I could do was cry. I hurt everywhere and my temperature had shot up to 101. Poor baby! I had another crying episode on Saturday, I left my apartment only long enough to go to Wal-Mart and stock up on "sick supplies": kleenex, cold medicine, cough drops and Gatorade. Girl's Nite Out was officially postponed as it was clear I had no business going out on the town that night. Sunday I woke up around 7:30am, went back to sleep around 10:30 or so and slept until 2pm. Niiiiiiice, huh? I still wasn't feeling wonderful but nothing could stop me from seeing my boys in action. It was a good game, even if my precious Cubbies lost and are now 1.5 games behind those Cardinals (enjoy it now Cards fans...you can have 1st in early May-it's cool).

I was somewhat productive this weekend-I got a LOT of reading done and managed to get my crap-ass computer back up and running....and YAY, I got to chat with my favorite Canadian yesterday! That pretty much made my weekend right there. ;)

Now it's Monday again. How did that happen? Ugh...almost all of my cases today are substance abuse related. SO not my area of expertise. The mental health cases? No problem! Bring 'em on! But the substance abuse stuff? I don't even know. I mean, I'm guessing 25 bags of heroin a day is not a good thing. Or that continuing to use while you're in treatment is also not a good thing. Or that getting fired from your job because you're high on crack is also not a good thing. These are the things I know. And that's about it. Wish me luck on the rest.

No comments: