Wednesday, May 21, 2008

David Cook RULES!


Yes, David Cook has won American Idol. I'd just like to say, for the record, that I loved him from the beginning. Okay???? We're talking since his tryout days. Thanks for playin'.

So tonight's American Idol finale was this two hour, drawn out affair. I'm not gonna lie-I kinda enjoyed it. Were the guest stars totally random? Yes. I mean, hello, Bryan Adams??? Donna Summer??? George Michael (could he BE any gayer????). Was it kinda fun? Yes it was. I wasn't quite up dancing like Paula Abdul was, but I liked it nonetheless. Gotta give my props to David Cook-he is A-MA-ZING-loved him with ZZ Top! Not only that, but he is a CMSU alum (or UCM as it's called nowadays), a fellow fighting Mule, was a graphic arts major just like my friends Mike and Cabin Boy were. How could I not love him????? I'm sure little David Archuleta will have a fine career of his own, I have to say he did sound pretty amazing last night. But David Cook just ROCKS! And kudos to the hair and makeup people for giving his mom a great blowout (sister girl had some frizzies in prior shows....don't lie, you know you saw it!) and, yes, I teared up when he was singing that totally cheezy song at the end and his little brother said to the camera "that's my brother" . Great, great show. The only bad part? I now have "It's Too Late" by One Republic in my head. Thanks American Idol. And see ya in January. :)

Dear God, what am I gonna talk about now??????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it funny that you had to mention that the finale was a "drawn out affair" when the whole show is a night of karaoke drawn out to fill an entire tv season

KD said...

Oh DT, I know it is. But I love it so......what can I say, I'm easily entertained. :)