Monday, May 19, 2008

Cemetery Crawl 2008

The neglecting of the blog continues. Ugh, I am just too busy/too tired to devote much time to it anymore. Somethings gotta give.

The crappiness that is my job continues. I don't wanna talk much more about it. Put it this way, at this point, I am filled with anxiety each night at the idea of having to come back the next day. Subsequently, I'm not sleeping well and I have enough anxiety to justify an Ativan script. Moving on.

So, on Saturday, my aunts and I (and my cousin Rachel) completed our first annual Cemetery Crawl. What is this, you may ask? Well, we decided to pay homage to all our dearly departed relatives, so we went to the various cemeteries they are buried in all across the STL metro area. We visited both my great-grandmas (one of which, there is apparently a family plot for, so we also got to see the graves of my great-grandfather AND my great-great grandparents-that was kinda cool), my grandma, my great aunt and my two little cousins that died, Adam and Andy. That visit got to everyone. They died as children of a horrible genetic illness, so, although it's been a long time, the deaths are still pretty devastating to our family. I miss them everyday. After our cemetery crawl, we had lunch at Dewey's (the BEST pizza!). It was a long day, but actually quite a nice bonding experience. We reminisced and told stories about our family members. It was cool to hear stories about my great-grandma's because I don't really remember them. We figured my grandma was watching down on us saying "what in the hell are they doing????". She soooooo would have been entertained by our adventures. :)

I have discovered the oh-so-exciting world of sugar free products. Um....yea. I have become somewhat of a Nazi when it comes to what I eat (gotta be disciplined in order to see results!). I am happy to report that Russell-Stover has this sugar free candy that is actually good! I was pretty surprised. The sugar free pudding and jello I have is pretty good too. All in the name of health! Yuck. I have also upped my workouts. If this doesn't get me in tip top shape, I don't know what will. Guess we'll see what happens, huh?

My Cubs are making me a very happy girl indeed. Ten games over .500 and going strong. They play Houston tonight which should be a good series. They're on ESPN, which makes me quite happy. Nothing says Perfect Monday Night like watching the Cubs (co-occurring with Dancing With The Stars, mind you).

This is gonna be quite the busy week (what else is new?). We are heading to Dallas on Friday just as soon as I can get my butt to Salem. I'm riding with the 'rents, which should prove to be entertaining....dad has entertained the idea of driving straight through-Dallas is a 10 hour drive from Salem. That would make our arrival be around 3am....Red is cool with it, but I envision Chloe barking and losing her mind if we arrive at that time of night..... ;) Between now and then, I have many errands to run, laundry to do, a part-time job to do AND it's the finale for both Dancing With The Stars and American Idol. So much fun, so little time! I am definitely looking forward to seeing my sis and brother-in-law, however. And oh-so-excited to see my niece!!!!!

No comments: