Thursday, May 15, 2008

Her Royal Snarkiness is back!

What am I going to do now that Jim Edmonds is on the Cubs? I have been getting emails from friends and co-workers have been asking me how I feel about this latest development (because they know how I feel about Jim Edmonds, I guess). I spent years making fun of him when he was a Cardinal-I called him "Jimmy Gold Glove", I accused him of wearing eye liner and doing back flips out in the outfield to make his spectacular catches just a bit more spectacular, I've accused him of having a different baby mama in every city (which may or may not be true). And now he's on MY team. Karma. It's karma. And it's a bitch. I suppose since he is now officially a Cub I have no choice but to switch my allegiance his way. Damn you, Jimmy Gold Glove. Damn you. Welcome to the team.


Well, the David's have it on American Idol-totally called it, people, totally called it. Did anyone else cry watching the show last night or was it just me? I'm talking about the part where they each got to go home, just watching their reaction to the people cheering for them got to me-what can I say, I'm a sappy, sappy girl. :) What the F was up with Fantasia???? Did you see the look on Simon's face? It was of pure HORROR and it made me laugh out loud. Her performance scared me-she sounded kinda like a cat in heat......I can't wait for the finale next week. However, I can't help but feel a bit.....empty. After next week, what am I going to do with my time? Not only will American Idol be over, but so will Dancing With the Stars. What am I gonna have to do-actually go out and get a life????????

On a very serious note, I'm requesting prayers (or just positive thoughts if you don't do the prayer thing) for our family friend Mitch. I've talked about him before-he's the one who survived lung cancer only to be diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. He had what they thought was a successful surgery in March to remove the tumor, only to be told a few days ago that the tumor is back, and bigger than ever. Certainly not good news. Mitch is having a second surgery on Monday to remove this latest tumor, so he could definitely use the positive thoughts and prayers. I've known him and his wife Bonny my entire life, he and my dad have been friends since they were teenagers, Mitch is a great guy and I hate seeing him have to go through all of this.

On a more positive note, I just want to say to all of you that I love you all very much-friends, family, the general public, whatever. Count your blessings people. I know I'm counting mine.

Oh and................GO CUBS GO!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the hell did we have to get him? Take him back along with Marquis....
Ern

KD said...

Jimmy Gold Glove was 1 for 4 today....

Broker said...

Rams started minicamp last week . . . has football started yet? Baseball bores me. :)

Broker said...

oh, and i did get a bit teary watching american idol . . . quite overwhelming when they return home . . . go David Cook!!! I don't think the other David can handle being an American Idol just yet. My sad and lowly opinion.