Friday, May 23, 2008

God bless Oreo cheesecake!

Here at work we have discovered the world's most perfect food. Oreo cheesecake. I mean sure, I'm gonna have to do approximately 5,000 sit-ups to atone for my eating sins, but it'll be well worth it. We are having another food day today to celebrate my co-worker Ywinta's birthday, her cake of choice was cheesecake, so Julie whipped up a fan-DAMN-tastic Oreo cheesecake (I was the one that was actually supposed to be in charge of the cake, but let's not get in to that....). We are also having taco dip, mac and cheese, and someone was kind enough to throw in some veggies. I heart food day!

So, I've been at work since 6:30 this morning. Why in God's name would anyone do that? Well, I have very exciting times ahead of me today. I'm leaving work at 3:00 then heading down to Salem (a short 2 hour drive) where I will be greeted by my parents with Subway in hand. The three of us are then embarking on a TEN HOUR adventure-we're driving to Dallas to see my sister and Jon. Good times shall be had by all. Mom informed me yesterday that she bought us snacks for the trip-Skittles, 100 calorie packs and, of course, Slim Jims (no road trip would be complete without them!). Mom's fancy new car has satellite radio (LOVE myself the '90's and Now station!) and she also has Lionel Ritchie and Carole King's greatest hits. What more could we need? Dad will probably be ready to slap us both after the first, oh say, 30 minutes.

My sister emailed us today and asked if we wanted to go to a cattle drive tomorrow. Mom emailed back and said she'd rather go shopping. Gotta love my mother. I don't even know what a cattle drive is, actually. Red, care to clarify????

Hey STL fam-did y'all see Mrs. Koch on stltoday.com? There is an article about her in the North County Journal. She's so cute! Hopefully Red has forwarded it to you all.

Well, I hope everyone has a GREAT Memorial Day weekend! Gotta love three day weekends! Fam, have fun at the big fam picnic on Sunday, sorry the Davidson crew will not be represented!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carole King's Greatest Hits???

Isn't that a blank CD???

KD said...

OOOOOOO DT-don't be sassin Mom Davidson's musical collection. She may be a little gal, but she's killed for less..... :)

Val said...

Excuse me?????? This coming from someone who didn't know that Journey and Foreiner are one and the same. Scheesh!

Anonymous said...

There is no way that Journey could have come up with "Jukebox Hero"

Val said...

Huh??? Jukebox what??? Is that a game on Wii?

Anonymous said...

I don't think so. You must be thinking of "You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman" . . . which I'm pretty sure IS a game for Wii :)