Monday, June 05, 2006

What a great weekend


This past weekend was great. Friday, J and I drove to Salem. It looked bad for a bit as we were stuck in that Hwy 44 traffic, but once out of that, it was smooth sailin'. Mom had KFC waiting for us when we got there. J got to experience the magic that is Stubby and Hank. And those two were in rare form this weekend. J wanted to dog-nap Hank, but I really didn't want that giant dog in my car....Friday night we pretty much chilled. Dad took J and I to the farm-he was soooo excited and talking a mile a minute. I just sat there and laughed (and thanks for pointing out my math retardation dad. I owe ya one!). Saturday, we were up bright and early (like 7am early). I was surprised to find J awake, but truly, for some reason, you can't sleep in there. Or maybe it was because Stubby jumped on him, I don't know.....Mom, Red, Tim and I went up to the high school and did the 5K for Relay for Life. It was cool, but the course was almost all up hill (I am still hurting, for real!). Red came in 2nd! Yay! And, no, she did not eat Tim's dust. Turns out, all Tim's trash talkin' was just that-talk. But apparently he did really well-ran most of the way. Mom and I did the walk/jog method. Of course mom would be like "come on Ker, let's run some more". Now, I really didn't want to, but I couldn't let my mother beat me, now could I? Once we got back to the house, J was ready to do some fishing. My dad gave him one mission-get rid of the catfish in his pond. J was up for the challenge, so off we went to the Wal-Mart (uh, for the 2nd time in less than 24 hours) for some fishing gear. I was a little confused in the fishing department-who knew there were so many different kinds of hooks, and lures and other fishing stuff? By the way-the mullets were out on Sat. J and I saw some good ones!!!

J spent most of the afternoon down at the pond. He was catching the hell out of some catfish, just like dad asked. Those things are really ugly! And did you know that they talk? I think during fishing is when J fell in love with the place. Almost had to drag him out of there! We'll be back soon babe, don't worry. Now mom and dad won't be able to get rid of us! After a fabulous dinner by mom (mom it was still good even without the grill, I promise!), we had to go back home because J had to work. We went by and picked up Avina and introduced her to their new pet-a turtle that we "stole" from the country. So now, the turtle she named Henry, is now sitting comfortably in a box in the living room with some lettuce and grass. He's totally digging it.

Sunday was a chill day. I went to my friend Shannon's baby shower. That was good times. She is a cute prego person. Can't wait to meet baby Shelley! Then I went back to J's-we hung out outside where all the kids were playing. Sadly, all the fish J caught didn't make it, it's a long story...but they are resting in peace now. We WILL be back to Lake PawPaw for more. Be afraid catfish, be very afraid! We had a great dinner Sun night. I'm pretty sure J was making it up as he went along, but it was still good-it's a keeper baby! :) We ended the day with a bon fire-nice and relaxing and a great way to end a great weekend.

Mom, dad, Red, Tim-thanks for a great time in Salem. We will be back soon! And J-I am so happy that you liked Salem and want to go back! I can't wait to take the girls down there. Well, now it's monday, a new week. Hope everyone has a great one!

No comments: