Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Book Club

I have been in a Book Club for over three years now. It's me and six other girls. We take turns hosting each month and meet the 3rd Thursday of the month. Sure, I have to take a day off work to go, but it's worth it. The name "book club" is a bit misleading, however. Is it wrong that we haven't actually read a book in oh, say, three months? The term "social club" may be more like it. This is our monthly chance to get together with good friends, gossip, catch up on everyone's lives and, of course, EAT! Yea, we do have good food at book club. Each month we have a food theme (April was baseball themed, June is grilled food themed). It's our chance to watch Shannon's belly grow (she's 8 months pregnant), and hear Krista's stories about Hannah Grace, and hear everyone's horror stories from working in the mental health field. Oh, and we laugh. A lot. I love my book club. I consider all the ladies good friends. So, Thursday night I'm off to St. Peter's as Krista is hosting. Should be a good time had by all. See y'all then!

No comments: