Thursday, June 22, 2006

"Babe, better double up on your Benadryl"

This is what J says to me the other day. "Why?", I ask. "Because Clyde is coming to stay for a while". Who is Clyde and why would I need Benadryl to be around him you may ask? Well....Clyde is a C-A-T. Kerri is allergic to C-A-T's. Clyde arrived yesterday. He is freakishly huge. He already acts like the house is his and he's been there less than 24 hours. Already he has gotten in trouble. See, Clyde apparently thinks it is appropriate to lay on the table. He also likes to lay in the bathtub and on top of the couch. He and Henry the turtle seem to be getting along, however. Clyde just kinda ignores him. It's turning into a freakin' zoo and I LOVE IT!

So far, only mildly itchy eyes, presumably from Clyde. I can't even focus on the allergies because I also have the flu. SO unpleasant. Yea, had to leave work yesterday due to getting physically ill. I was going to stay and just work in between the vomiting episodes, but my boss made me leave. It was probably a good thing I did. I got home around 6pm and pretty much slept until this morning at around 9am. I was heading to my doctor anyway today because I discovered this rash-like thing on my back yesterday. It freaked me out. I was wondering if I had Tim's skin disease. Well, while I was at the doctors, I said "so, while I'm here, guess I should let you know I've been throwing up and have a splitting headache and all I wanna do is sleep". Next thing I know I'm being told not to go to work, to drink clear fluids and eat soup. Oh, yea, and I have a fungal infection on my back, which sounds way gross. I'm on some medication for it now. There is a fungus among us now.

In more exciting news, today is my mom's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! If you see her, make sure to wish her a happy 29th birthday! I'll see you next weekend mama! :)

3 comments:

kristy said...

Sorry you are sick! But as a public service announcement, i must clarify that you did NOT have the Flu! And if your doctor called it a "stomach flu", then he/she is an idiot. Flu is caused by the influenza virus, which is a respiratory disease...must be my BIGGEST health pet peeve out there!

KD said...

What did I have then, Miss Health Department? :) No, seriously, I figured that was probably a catch-all diagnosis. All I know is I felt like crap for a couple of days, but I'M BACK BABY!

kristy said...

Some sort of viral infection, like a noro-virus or rotavirus...Influenza can cause some GI symptoms, but is primarily respiratory.

Glad you are feeling better! Pukey-sick is the WORST!