Monday, June 19, 2006

Henry the Turtle and his excellent adventure

I'm beginning to think that Henry is a very special turtle. He's not slow like turtles are supposed to be. No, he books it across the living room like he's running for his life (and maybe he is, who knows?). Friday, he did something that made me laugh out loud, all I could do is watch.

Henry lives in a nice, plastic bin-sorta-thing. I'd say it's a good 6-8 inches high. He has plenty of room to walk around, he's got some grass, and lettuce, and carrots to eat. Well, Friday night he was apparently feeling adventurous. I looked over at him and saw that he was trying to get out of the box. Impossible, I thought. Well, I thought wrong. I watched him get both his front feet around the rim of the box, he then tried with all his might to get his back legs up and over. Several times, he made it, only to fall. Then, with one final push, Henry got his whole body over the rim. He just sorta balanced there for awhile-there was nowhere for him to go since the box was against the wall. That freakin' turtle was able to get out of his box! He didn't get far though, because he lost his balance and went flying back into the box, lying on his back, his little turtle legs flailing about. I was nice enough to put him right side up, but he was scolded for trying to run away and was told that he was grounded. Henry behaved the rest of the weekend. But, I'm keeping my eye on him now. I don't trust him. Hmmm....kids these days, they're out of control, I tell ya!

2 comments:

KD said...

J, honey, did you hear that? Go get us some worms baby! Thanks for the suggestions Rob!

KD said...

Aunt LaLa-that story is freakin hilarious! Apparently turtles have super powers that no one was aware of....J I saw that Henry has a new, higher box. Well, today he was trying to climb out of it too..that damn turtle!