Monday, April 03, 2006

My sister is a married woman now.....

Wedding weekend is officially over. We made it and managed to get my sister married off-Jon you are such a lucky guy!!! For my loyal blog readers, this may be a bit boring, but I must capture all that went on this weekend. It was fun.

So, Friday, at the rehearsal, several of us were confused. At first, I thought it was just me because I am easily confused (right, J?), but it wasn't just me. The pastor called Robert and I the "honor attendants". I wasn't sure at first, but he assured us he was referring to us. Then there was the matter of the vents blowing up my dress. I was a little concerned about this and hoped it would not be on during the actual wedding (more on that later....). The ushers, Polster and Jones, seemed confused most of the time-who knew that ushering was such a difficult job? Watching grandpa and mom come down the aisle together brought tears to our eyes. We were all thinking of grandma this weekend, we know she was there in spirit, but the reality of seeing grandpa walk without her really hit home. After our trial run of the ceremony (still confused at this point and figured we'd just "wing it" at the actual wedding...), we headed out to Forest Hills Country Club for the rehearsal dinner. At the door they served us with champagne mixed with cranberry juice-I knew it was gonna be a good night. The dinner was great and getting to chat with the family was great too. Of course, silly Jon just HAD to ask the pastor and his wife to sit at our table, so we felt like we couldn't drink. I got smart though and got a Captain and Diet Coke-for all pastor knew, it was just Diet Coke. Sneaky, right? Then there is the matter of the slide show that Jon's dad put together. This was a truly horrifying but hilarious experience. It was your typical show, pictures from each of their childhoods mixed with current ones. The childhood ones were the horrifying part. Why? Because siblings made the cut. And I really did NOT want to relive the permed-mullet years with 100 people....but I did anyway, and I threatened to kill my mother for giving Jon those pictures!!! The crowd favorite was a picture of Red, Tim and I and on the wall behind us was a giant picture of Michael Jackson-when he was still black, mind you. Hey, it was the '80's after all!!!! So, after dinner, on to the hotel where no one slept. I awoke to a knock on the door at 2am, I look out the peep hole and there is our bride, hair a mess, I open the door and she says she can't sleep because someone in her room was "snoring like a trucker". Well, we couldn't have a bride with bags under her eyes, now could we? So, I let her in and let her sleep with me. I promised her I wouldn't snore like a trucker, but I couldn't guarantee dad wouldn't (he and mom were in the room with us). Anyway, morning came WAAAY too quickly......now for part 2.

No comments: