Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ouch! I'm in pain......

As if spending 45 minutes of my life at the Missouri Department of Motor Vehicles wasn't bad enough, I also had to pay the sales tax on my car and get plates. I travelled to the DMV on South Kingshighway (very ritzy). I was first accosted by some gentlemen wanting me to sign a petition to raise the minimum wage. I figured that was a pretty good cause, so I signed my name. Then they wanted me to sign another one protecting Medicaid. Well, most of my clients are on Medicaid, again a worthy cause, so I signed that one too. Then on to the inside of the DMV where I see the drivers license line has, oh, 5 people in it but the plates/registration line has, say, 30 people in it. This is the line I had to go to. It was seemingly ok, although the old lady behind me had on this awful perfume that was about to make me gag. Seriously. Once I finally made it to one of the clerks, I knew it wouldn't be long until my entire bank account was drained. I was ready, but not entirely happy about it. The clerk was very nice (big shocker) as she advised me my grand total was $1,204.00. See what I mean by "ouch"? Good thing I love my car. Not as much as I love my boyfriend, but close.....(I'm almost just kidding J!). And can I just say, God bless the South Kingshighway DMV. They are some good peeps. Amen.

1 comment:

KD said...

Not as good looking as you sweetie! :)