Monday, April 17, 2006

What a day

It started off normal enough but quickly got weird. Work was a little nutty, busy in the afternoon, crazy at night. I got a scary call in which the caller had already overdosed and was fading fast on me. Luckily I got the police there just as she was about to pass out. Even after being at the crisis line for five years, every once in a while I still a call that freaks me out. At the end of the day though, I will go to sleep knowing that caller will be safe tonight. That's my job. After that fun, the power went out. Well, not completely, but our computers shut down-which is a huge problem, all of our work is done by computer. Not good. Never fear though, Super Supervisor Kerri called the IT guy at home and made him come in to fix whatever was wrong. Thats why I get paid the big bucks, people... :)

2 comments:

KD said...

listen fool! I work hard. Sometimes. Actually, I consistently get all my work done, no complaints from my boss-SO THERE!!!!! :)

KD said...

Go right ahead, her name is Chris...she's here till 7 tonight.... :)