Monday, January 30, 2006

The Kirkwood Wal-Mart IS open 24/7...

My job actually let me out in public today. Fools. I got to go on an outreach, it was nice to get out of the office for once although I have had a massive headache since I woke up this morning, so I wasn't sure how high my level of functioning was gonna be. Suffice to say, it hasn't been real high.

Good work on the Evite, Red! Nice nod to the singing of "Mountain Music". It is quite enjoyable to hear the Davidson sister's sing. If everyone is nice, maybe we will also treat them to a montage of tunes from the Grease soundtrack......Another treat is my boss Chris and I singing "Islands In The Stream", with me as Kenny and her as Dolly. Neither one of us knew the words (not even w/the prompter) other than the chorus, but it was still all good!

In other good news, I finally got the insurance check in the mail! Yahoo! Guess I have to actually go car shopping now. Further proof I need a new car? Over the weekend, the door latch-thingy was rattling and threatening to fall off (a Friday night trip to AutoZone took care of that one.Thanks J!!!!), then the rearview mirror fell off (to which I just laughed-not to worry, J put it back on), and the radio had some sort of a meltdown in which the clock said it was 1:00 (it was really like 7:00 at night) and the preset radio stations were jacked up. It's as if the Crapalier is saying to me "Please, just let me rest. Retire me. I'm old and tired and can't take it anymore. I've given you 125,000 miles, it's time for both of us to move on". And move on I shall......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Real funny. I'm gonna head over there with my nine after work and shut the bitch down early.