Monday, January 16, 2006

"The Ghetto-lier"

My car has a new nickname (thanks Val!). This getting your car fixed stuff is a huge pain in the ass, although the guys at the collision center were really nice today. The dude was like, "uh, we need to take a picture of your mileage". So, I looked at him and said "well, if you can get that door open, be my guest" (I really didn't think this 6'5", 250 lb. guy would want to slide across the passenger seat to get to it). Needless to say, he politely declined once he learned for himself that my drivers side door truly does not open.

And Canada-the Dukes of Hazzard joke does too get old. If I have to climb across my car one more time I'm gonna get cranky (not really, but it really is kinda annoying, not to mention that people look at me like I'm a bigger freak than normal). Man, my life is never boring, that's for sure.

Kat-good to know your girl is safe. I think she is in the best place for her right now. She should get hooked up with some resources while in there, if not let me know and I'll pull some numbers from work.

My advice for the week: Be careful out there, people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder it's getting old . . . sliding across the front seat??? Where's the fun in that? You are supposed to slide across the hood and then get in through the window. That's what John Schneider and Tom Wopat would do.

KD said...

Dude, my lazy ass is NOT sliding across the hood. And besides, its raining today, can't really leave the window down...although the door is still half open...sure hope my seat isn't wet....Oh yea, and I was in love with Tom Wopat when I was like 5. Sure, I could have liked the hottie blond like all the other girls, but no, dark haired guys have always been my thing.....