Monday, March 28, 2011

What does 4th place get ya? Nada.

I had a really good weekend at home. I was heading down to do a trivia night with my brother and found out about a week or so ago that my sis, bro-in-law and niece were also coming for the weekend-YAY!

Saturday started early-like 6:15am early as per usual at Casa Davidson. Mom and dad like to go into town and have breakfast nice and early. Since I'm the insomnia queen lately, I was awake. And I really can't pass up free breakfast. After that I took my car in to finally get my headlight fixed. I figured it would be a no brainer since they'd fixed my other headlight just a couple of months prior. Boy was I wrong. The answer to the proverbial question "how many people does it take to change a light bulb" would be......FIVE. Five people, really? How hard is it? And WHY DID IT TAKE TWO HOURS? Needless to say, I started to become a bit cranky, especially when they came out and asked me if I know what light bulb it required. I politely reminded the lady that they should have that info in their computer since I'd been there before for the EXACT SAME THING. She responds with, "yea, it looks like they didn't enter it into the system". Awesome. I will NOT be going back there.

My sis and her fam arrived in the afternoon and we all had a good time being entertained by Kendall. She loves a captive audience. She declined to take a nap as there were people to entertain and things to get into. Too bad it was so freakin cold and freezing rain, we were all stuck indoors. Kendall is really saying everyone's name well-I'm either "Hewwi" or "Kiwi". She finally started saying my brother's name (Tim) and says that one the clearest. Poor grandma, she is still calling my mom by her first name, Val (although in Kendall-ese, it's "Bal").

Saturday night we had siblings night out. We needed more team members for Trivia Night, so my sis and bro-in-law came too. We had SO much fun!!!! The rest of our team consisted of a couple of my brother's friends and one of his teachers (who for real carried the team). I didn't have high expectations for our team (team name? Bieber Fever. Seriously), but I'm not gonna lie, we kinda kicked some ass. We finished with 89 out of 100 points.....but only managed 4th place. We missed placing by one point. And, as my sister likes to point out, we would have won the whole damn thing if only we'd listened to her (syphilis? Yes.). We second guessed a couple of answers and it cost us. I'm oh so proud that my biggest contribution was in the criminal/serial killer category. True story. We had lots of laughs Sat night.

Let's address the Cubs elephant in the room. And that is the dismissal of Carlos "Shamu" Silva. Let me just say one thing-Don't F with Mike Quade or his coaching staff. He'll cut a bitch, for reals. I'm liking Mike Quade more and more every day. On Saturday it was announced that Andrew Cashner would be the Cubs 5th starter and that Silva would not even be making the team, but that the Cubs would try to find a new home for him on another team. Well, being the giant a-hole that he is, Silva mouthed off to the media, talked some shiz about the Cubs pitching coach and, well, pissed off one Mike Quade. Yesterday morning it was announced that Silva had been released from the team. Done. Gone. They are eating a lot of money to get rid of this buffoon, but I think it was an amazingly ballsy....and necessary move. And then came Mike Quade's tirade when he found out the trash talk Silva was doing to the media. Coach Q dropped several F bombs which, I'm not gonna lie, was kinda hot.

If the Cubs aren't afraid of Coach Q, they might wanna become afraid of him. He is the new Ted Lilly in that he is the team's Bad Ass Mother F**ker. I'm gonna stop calling him the Hairless Cat because, well, I'm afraid he'll hunt me down. In other Cubs news, although they lost yesterday, one Tyler Colvin (KD's baseball crush as I'm sure you'll recall from last season) decided to end the shut out and proceeded to hit a GRAND SLAM. Grand slams are hot. Tyler is hot. He hasn't had the greatest Spring Training ever, but he is looking better out there in right field and was looking not too shabby at 1st base. I'm hoping his hitting will come along-the strikeouts need to stop kid. Just sayin. Here's what needs to happen (not that I'm telling Mike Quade what to do)-Darwin Barney needs to be the starting 2nd baseman. Blake DeWitt sucks (probably because he's from southern Missouri) and Jeff Baker isn't as cute as Darwin Barney, so really, the decision is easy if you ask me (not that anyone did).

Baseball starts in THREE DAYS PEOPLE! Woooooooooooooooooo!

No comments: