Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Let's play some baseball!

Ok, so the Cubs Opening Day isn't until Friday, but Opening Day for some other teams is..........TOMORROW! Yay! Baseball is finally here! I've suffered through a hideous Blues season and I've finally made it to my #1 sport. Thank you, baseball gods.

Do I have high expectations for my Cubbies this year?Meh....probably not. But....maybe. I'm telling you, I am loving myself some Mike Quade. I think he's going to make the most of the mediocre players he has (save for a few that I'd actually consider good. Very few.). And if all else fails, Carlos Pena, Aramis Ramirez, Sean Marshall and Tyler Colvin are all hot....so there's that.

I look forward to chatting with my blog buddies, both on here and on Facebook. I look forward to yelling at the team I've loved for 20+ years now (the "f" word comes out of my mouth a lot during the course of the baseball season). I look forward to having a heart attack every time Carlos Marmol is pitching. I look forward to my trip to Wrigley in July-knocking off an item from my Bucket List by sitting in the bleachers. I look forward to an inevitable meltdown from Carlos "I'm Cured" Zambrano. I look forward to Starlin Castro becoming a superstar in MLB. I look forward to seeing the Cardinals not be good (sorry fam and friends, no offense...it's just the truth. Not that the Cubs will be any better, mind you). I look forward to trips to Busch Stadium, eating those FABULOUS hotdogs and drinking some fine AB products. I love, love, LOVE baseball!

In other news, I think I've been conned into cheering for the Vancouver Canucks during the NHL playoffs. More on this story as it develops.

No comments: