Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The fun never ends!

Sigh. I woke up with a headache today. It's because of the weather. For reals. It's gonna rain. Awesome.

Life continues to be as busy as ever. I told my boss yesterday that I was going to try my best to be positive...but then I walked in the door and that was shot to hell. Seriously. If we could have just ONE DAY where it wasn't insane around here I think I'd be ok. Just one day is all I'm asking.

I did have a good weekend though. Thanks to my awesome sis for recognizing that I needed a pick-me-up. She invited me to go to K's swim lesson on Saturday morning. The early time was no biggie since, seriously, for the last two weeks, I've been awake at 4am every single day. True story. Anyhoo.....watching a bunch of toddlers swim around like little fishies definitely brought a smile to my face. Especially when K kept looking up to make sure mommy and I were watching. After swim lessons, I hung out at their house until it was nap time. Aunt Kerri needed a nap too after our morning of playing. Yes, K and I had fun playing, including pretending we were frogs and hopping up and down the stairs. K made "Hewwi" go first. Probably to make sure I knew what I was doing. She's kinda bossy. I mean, when she needed her poopy diaper changed, she insisted Hewwi do it. Thanks kiddo. Thanks a lot. ;)
There is seriously nothing better in the entire world than hearing K say my name in her high-pitched little girl voice. She says it repeatedly, but I love it.  I can't believe she is going to be 2 in a couple of weeks. Crazy how time flies!

Speaking of, my sis is now 18 weeks along and FINALLY has a baby bump. She's so cute. I think pregnancy agrees with her. Almost to the halfway mark. They find out next week if it's a boy or girl....but won't be telling us until Kendall's birthday weekend. The suspense is killing me, but I've waiting this long.....I'd been feeling boy all along but just this week decided it's a girl. Only God and 2.0 know for sure. Either way, Aunt Hewwi is super duper excited.

Did anyone watch the season premiere of Dancing With The Stars last night? I wasn't going to, but there isn't much else on Monday nights (at least not until Bethenny Ever After comes on at nine. If you haven't watched her show, you MUST. I laugh out loud every time). Anyhoo, on DWTS, Kirstie Alley was REALLY good! And so was The Karate Kid. No way The Karate Kid is almost 50. He was great. So, I may continue to watch. What else am I doing on Monday nights?

Baseball officially starts next week! Some start next Thursday, March 31, but most start on April 1. YAY! I'm going into the season with no expectations for my Cubbies. If their play in Spring Training is any indication then they won't be all that good, but some of the starting pitching at least looks decent. Big Z, Ryan Dempster and Randy Wells have all been solid, Matt Garza has been up and down and REALLY needs to get rid of that thing on his chin. And he could use an eyebrow wax as well. Just sayin. New first baseman Carlos Pena may be our newest pinup boy for the season, pretty cute with a killer smile. Love. Not to mention there will also be numerous booty shots from first base. Tyler Colvin is still as adorable as can be-he's not killing the ball like he was last spring training, but I still have faith that he will be good this year. No sophomore slumps for him! I have a friend that just got back from Cardinals Spring Training and she says they look terrible. Tee hee hee. ;)

No comments: