Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm gonna enjoy this

This whole having Ryan Theriot in St. Louis is going to be a plethora of entertainment for me. Us Cubs fans already know that Riot tends to be a media and attention whore and he has not changed since "joining the right side of the rivalry" (his words, not mine).

Last night there was some kind of Cardinals special on that I watched in between American Idol performances (I can't stand commercials, so I need to be watching something when the show I really want to watch has gone to commercial break, and Modern Family wasn't on yet). Of course I turned it just in time to catch the Ryan Theriot interview. He really is kinda a douchebag. Something I started realizing the last couple of years when he was still on the Cubs. He tries to play the funny guy to the media, but the schtick is old. Just sayin. Last night they asked him about the new "super tandem" of him and Skip Schumaker as the middle infield. He made some jokey joke about how Skip doesn't like him because he's better looking (a statement that I MOST disagree with. Skip's a hottie) and got everyone laughing. Whatevs. Why don't we talk about your .170 batting average in Spring Training Riot? No?

I have a feeling being here in St. Louis, my summer is going to be full of Ryan Theriot-interviews, billboards, public appearances. Awesome. Fear not Cubs fans, I'll keep you posted on the douchiness.

The 2011 season starts a week from today! Let's PLAY BALL!

No comments: