Monday, March 07, 2011

Cubs, Hewwwwi and math

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Although it was cold and rainy here, the weekend was fun, thanks for asking.

I spent the bulk of my Saturday with my family-my parents were in town to get their Kendall fix. I love that as soon as I got to their house I hear "hewwwwi!!!!" and see my little munchkin running toward me. Greatest.Feeling.Ever. We are best buddies. K is now learning about genders so we decided to ask her what the gender is for baby 2.0. Kendall says boy. But, then again, she also said her Grandma Val is a boy, so.....speaking of, Kendall has started calling my mom "Bal". Not grandma, or mimi, or nana....no, she is calling her by her first name. Isn't that hilarious???? Even better? She calls her Grandma Pam "pi pi", sounds like "pee pee". Everytime she says it we just crack up. K got to show off her new house on Sat, ok, well her mommy and daddy technically own it, but let's be honest, K rules the roost. At least for now. She showed off her new room, but really just wanted to play and hide in the empty closets. The neighbors kid had a bunch of soccer balls outside. I asked Kendall to count them and she said "one, to, fee, for". Clearly she's a genius. There really were four.

After the fine family fun, I went to my friends Judy and Freida's house for their annual Mardi Gras party. A fun time was had by all. Especially with my Mikey there. I just miss him terribly. It was good to see some friends I haven't seen in awhile. The actual Mardi Gras is tomorrow, and Wed is Ash Wednesday. Time to go to the annual fish dinner at church. Good times. :)

On Sunday, after church, we had a huge family lunch. Just about everyone was there-Grandpa, aunts, uncles, cousins, my parents, etc. It was so fun to have everyone together. Kendall was bossing everyone around and telling them to "sit".  She also yelled "hewwwwwi" repeatedly Sometimes it sounded like "kiwi". She can say my name all day long and way she wants to, I just love it! Also, my sis felt 2.0 fluttering about yesterday at church! YAY! Apparently kiddo liked the music. That church organ was ROCKIN. She's now 16 weeks ago, after much confusion and math, my sis informs me that that means she is starting her 5th month of pregnancy. Math is hard people, and I shouldn't be expected to know how to do it, mmmmkay?

After the fine fam fun yesterday, I rushed home to.................WATCH CUBS BASEBALL!!! Woot woot! Yea, so it was only spring training, but it was the first televised game and I just wanted to be able to see my boys in action. SO exciting! It was like seeing old friends you haven't seen in years. I had such thoughts as: hey Marlon Byrd, how ya doin? Geo, lookin good! Who the F is Thomas Diamond? and why is Tyler Colvin playing in the other split squad game and why don't I get to see him? Stuff like that. Even more fun, the Cubs won on a walk off homer by DJ LeMahieu (sp? I'm too lazy to look it up) in the bottom of the 10th. Pretty sweet day.

KD was then fast asleep by 9pm (no joke) and I woke up at 4am ready to start my day. Um........

No comments: