Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 1 and I'm 9-7

My NCAA brackets are not looking nearly as good as they did last year. My very scientific formula for making picks is not working out for me this year. I've only gotten one upset right so far (GO GONZAGA!). I knew Missouri was going to lose but I picked them anyway.......because I'm a homer. I also picked Illinois to win today....because I'm a homer.....but I don't think they will (sorry Jen).

My scientific formula? Well....one, I pick the team from the region I manage at work. Last year it was all Tennessee teams. This year? GO WISCONSIN! Woot woot. They won last night and I have those Cheeseheads going to the Final Four. Why the heck not? The other part of my formula consists of picking local teams, picking teams in the Big 12 (since that's where Missouri plays) and picking teams whose names are fun.....like Gonzaga. I'm regretting not picking Richmond because their mascot is a spider. That's fun. I could care less about records, and what division is tougher and all that other crap. I like my method.

I'm hoping for a better second half of round 1 today. I have a couple of upsets picked, we'll see how that goes.

Happy March Madness!

No comments: