Friday, July 02, 2010

Happy 4th of July Weekend, kids!

Ah, the celebration of our nation's independence is upon us....let the fireworks shootin' and drinkin' begin....right?

Yours truly is opting for a far less obnoxious way to spend my time this weekend. I'm heading home to Salem.....but not before I hit the 311 concert tonight. Jealous? You should be. OMG, I haven't listened to those guys since college....this should be interesting. At least their lead singer Nick Hexum is hot. Always a bonus. Saturday I'll be heading to my home town where, apparently celebrations will be underway for it's 150th birthday (there's a big fancy word for that, but I'm too lazy to look it up). PAAAARRRRTAY! There's gonna be a parade and everything people! HOLLA! I'm sure there will be some sort of fireworks display...not sure if we're attending that. Maybe we'll just shoot bottle rockets off the back deck. Good times.

In other news, my sunburn from last weekends 10K Mud Run is now officially....peeling. OMG, I look like a freakin leper....skin peeling off like a snake. Sexy visual, I know. I have to resist the urge to peel it off (shut up, you know you do it too). I'm a hot mess.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday weekend. God Bless America.....and stuff.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to my M&M's and Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi......the lunch of champions.

No comments: