Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pre-emptive mourning: Could this be Ted Lilly's last start as a Cub?

This is my outfit today. For reals. Ok, it's not, but it's how I feel inside.

Cubs Fans (and fellow TedHeads, as the TLFC calls us), tonight's Cubs game could be the last one we see our hero, TRL, pitch in a Cubs uniform. This is the sad reality. Thank God it's on WGN tonight. I know where I'll be from 7pm-10pm tonight. Watching Ted....maybe for the last time. I'm not sure I'll be able to love him any more if he becomes a dirty Yankee. I'd rather he go to the Cardinals. My hope is that all this melodrama is all for naught and that Teddy Ballgame will remain with the Cubs for the rest of the season and then test the free agent waters. Purely selfish, I know. I can't help it. Ted kicks ass. Literally-just ask Yadier Molina (actually, it wasn't so much Yadi's ass that Ted kicked as it was, well, his man-gina. There's video. YouTube it.).

If Ted is traded, it'll be a sad day in Cubdom. A sad, sad day.

Don't go Ted....DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Jen Estes said...

Please don't take our Ted, contenders. You can have Theriot, he hits home runs now.

Two thumbs up for the outfit. I think I just found my next gameday attire.

Blue said...

Nice outfit KD, but let's hold out hope that it's just rumours.

KD said...

My outfit will look lovely w/the black pinstripes Ted will be wearing when he becomes a Yankee again....

Blue, I soooooooo hope you're right and that Ted stays with us. Seriously, take Riot. We'll throw in his Cajun buddy for free!

J.J. said...

Ted-watch 2010 continues...after that "no-run support" he got last night, I don't blame Ted if he says "please trade me to a team that can hit", even though I will cry buckets if he leaves...

KD said...

Um...seriously. If I were Ted I'd be like "get me the f**k off this shi**y team NOW".

Vaya con Dios, Ted.