Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Goodbye Sweet Lou


Well, Lou finally confirmed what we all suspected.....he is retiring at the end of this season. I know Lou drives us nuts sometimes, particularly this season, but all in all, he's been one hell of a MLB manager (and player back in the day).

I'll miss Sweet Lou, I really will. I'll miss how he starts every sentence with the word "look". And how he over-uses the word "nice"-i.e "he's a nice ballplayer", "he's got some nice pitches", "he's done a real nice job for us". That's part of Lou's charm.

Here is what I want-a manager that will light a fire under these players asses. Someone that will push them and not accept suckiness. Someone that won't play the veterans just because they're the veterans. Someone who plays whomever is playing well, even if that guy is a nobody. Someone who will give a damn.

That is all.

4 comments:

Jen Estes said...

I'll miss his belly, his liver spots and most of all, I'll miss his nicknames, "the adorable redhead!". However, I am slightly excited for the INSANE media coverage that awaits in the new manager hunt.

KD said...

Oh yes, it'll be quite interesting to see what Hendry comes up with....keep the sack full o'nickels on standby.

Blue said...

I'll miss Lou as well, so does this mean that Ryno could be up next to mangage this team?

KD said...

You know, I think I'd be ok w/Ryno taking over the team now. He doesn't have a ton of managing experience, but neither did Joe Girardi, and look how successful he's been!