Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rami's back on my good list....for now


What a FABULOUS Cubs game last night! Wow.

I'll admit, I played the roll of bad fan. During a commercial break from The Real Housewives of New Jersey, I went online to check the Cubs score (no TV coverage here) and saw that it was 7-1....Astros. Disgusted with this, I clicked off ESPN and vowed to not follow the game the rest of the night.

So, imagine my surprise when I later logged into Facebook and saw several postings about the game being tied at 7. Um....what? The Cubs came back from a 7 run deficit? The CHICAGO Cubs? They did indeed do that...and more. Seven more, to be exact. Yes, the Cubs went on a 14-0 tear to beat the even-lowlier-than-the-Cubs Astros 14-7. Woo Hoo! Happy Announcing Your Retirement Day to Lou Piniella!

I must brag....seven of those fourteen runs came from my most favoritest Cubbie, one Aramis Ramirez. I've been down on him most of the season, you know, because he was batting .170. He is now batting like .226, which I realize is still crappy, BUT, he went from .170 to .226 in the span of like 2.5 weeks. That's impressive. And I'm gonna need him to continue on this tear. Thanks.

The Cubs are still 10.5 games back in the Central because the Cardinals apparently forgot how to lose. No worries on that however as I've jumped on the Cards bandwagon....solely because I have a new found hatred for the Joey Votto led Reds.

I know the Cubs most likely will not go anywhere this year, BUT, it sure is nice to be excited about baseball again. Nothing like seeing your team actually play well....even if it will be next to impossible for them to climb out of the hole they dug themselves in the first half.

13 comments:

Blue said...

Hi, that was a good game last night. I was switching between the game and Two and a Half-Men, so everything I went back to the game I just missed something, figures...lol. Glad we got the win though, I hope that we win today, 2of 3 is good, I'll take it.

KD said...

I'll take it too Blue...and then I'll take a sweep this weekend. ;)

Blue said...

Yes, a sweep would be great. Here's what I'm thinking, now that Lou has announced his retirement, I think that the team will play alot harder, be more aggressive and start kicking some ass. I truly believe that they want to send Sweet Lou out a winner.

KD said...

I hope you're right! The Cards fans around here are already talking smack (with good reason, their team has won 7 in a row). Yikes.

Blue said...

I bet they are, I was surprised that they swept the Dodgers.
I believe that most Cubs fans now are more concerned about who the next skipper will be, than what the team will do the rest of the season. How about Ozzie moving up to the North Side? Could be the fire we need.

KD said...

I'm excited to see who it is gonna be. Ozzie on the North Side? Man, if they think Big Z's tirades are bad...... :)

rp said...

Why do ya gotta be hatin' on the Canadian?

KD said...

um...what canadian would that be Mr. Tessier?

rp said...

One Mr. Votto

KD said...

I wouldn't brag about that my dear. He's a Grade A asswipe. Just sayin'

rp said...

Don't you say that about every non Cubbie that doesn't fall under the category of dreamy? He also happens to be a triple crown candidate.

KD said...

No, I say that b/c it's true. He said he hates Cubs fans. Therefore, I hate him. He also refused to shake Marlon Byrd's hand at the All Star Game. That, to me, is uncool. And immature. He's about as cool as that Canadian dude from Nickelback....

rp said...

Which would still leave him miles ahead of the 311 guy, in terms of coolness