Friday, July 09, 2010

Things I noticed during last night's pajama series Cubs-Dodgers game

Yes, yours truly stayed up and watched that entire game (impressive, since 10pm is considered "up late" for me. For reals.). Here's what I observed about this game:

1. The announcers kept talking about how well Randy Wells was pitching. Now, don't get me wrong I loves me some Wellsie, but seriously? He had a hart time throwing strikes and was only helped out by the Dodgers swinging at bad pitches.

2. Ryan Theriot is a BAD base runner. Riot-do not ever, EVER, attempt a steal again. You're not good at it. Thank you.

3. Toward the end of the game in particularly, the umpiring was questionable at best. Not sure if anyone saw the latter part of the game, but I'm fairly certain a ball that is a. about six inches off the ground and b. is not even over the plate, is considered a ball and not a strike. Am I correct? Apparently Wendelstadt (sp? I'm too lazy to look it up) thought differently. I got the sense that dude was just ready to get the game over with and go home and/or hit a late night buffet somewhere.

4. The bad umpiring even caused mild-mannered Marlon Byrd to lose his shit and get tossed from the game (it was kinda hot, just sayin). Uncle Lou rushed out to argue (well, maybe "rushed" is too strong a word, more like "walked quickly") and got in the umps face, which was fun. I liked seeing Marlon say "f**k". It's the little things, people.

5. The Dodgers have a lot of sexy mens. I'm sorry, but they do. Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier, James Loney? Are you kidding me? Mama like.

Thank God some of the rest of the games for this series are day games cuz I don't think KD can stay up until midnight again.

Happy weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Jen Estes said...

I fell asleep during the middle of the 7th. So I guess I'll take the heat for this loss.

Also, if I have to break Riot's kneecaps to keep him from running, I will.

KD said...

I think it was the slight sugar buzz I was getting off the Jolly Ranchers I continued to consume that kept me awake for the entire game.

Seriously, Riot, not impressed. Please, oh PLEASE can he be on the trade block?

Players I'd Get Over Pretty Quickly If They Were Traded:
Ryan Theriot
Fuke
Nady
some of those randoms that all look alike in the bullpen
Jeff baker

J.J. said...

I used to defend Theriot, but now I'm getting to the point where he is even bugging me and I would not care if he were traded -- as long as -- and this is really important -- Hendry are you listening -- we actually get somebody that can play in his place. No more Derosa for WhoTheF? trades.

KD said...

Man, it's looking like the Mets are gonna try to take our Teddy away from us!
I'm gonna cry in my margarita at happy hour tonight....

J.J. said...

NOOOO! I just dedicated a post to how I am in denial about the possibility of losing Ted.