Friday, July 23, 2010

Cubs-Cards this weekend. Cubs fans-do we even care?

Of course we do! We're bred to care. Sure, the Cubs suck ass, but it's Cubs-Cards people! I mean, we all know what the outcome is gonna be (hint: Cards fans, dust off your brooms now), but so what? It's baseball at it's funnest (yes, I know that's not a word. Work with me here).

I just spoke to my co-worker Jean who is a Cardinals freak (and who just put a voodoo curse on the Reds....for real. Her success rate for voodoo curses is freakishly high. I'm staying on her good side), and she is not so confident about her team this weekend. She informs me that Jeff Suppan sucks. I informed her he's pitching against Belleville's own, Randy Wells today and, well, Wellsie is a crapshoot. She also informed me Blake Hawksworth is an iffy pitcher. I informed her that's ok because he's kinda cute. I'm down with eye candy.

Game time is 1:20pm. Against my better judgment, I'll be following along while here at work.Why? Because it's Cubs-Cards.

10 comments:

J.J. said...

My expectations are so low for this weekend, I only hope that they get one win, preferably today, since it's my birthday. Is that too much to ask? I think not.
GO CUBBIES!

KD said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JJ! Finally 21, huh? Congrats! ;)

Surely those a-holes could win for you today. I'm sure if TRL was pitching he'd make it so. Wellsie...well, you never know.

Hope you have a great birthday. You haven't been affected by the floods that hit WI have you? I heard Milwaukee is a hot mess. :(

Jen Estes said...

Happy Birthday, JJ! My gift to you will be [at least!] one more Ted start in a Cubs uniform, even if I have to cover Jim Hendry's body in nickel-sized bruises to do it.

For the record, I care about this series, but I kind of wish I didn't.

KD said...

right there w/ya Jen. It's like a trainwreck...you can't look away.

Wellsie has a no-hitter after 1. just sayin.

KD said...

Tyler Colvin w/a leadoff homer! LOVE!

J.J. said...

WOW, I got back from lunch with a girlfriend and theCubs are up 4-0? They do love me after all!

KD said...

5-0! They love you JJ! They really love you!

J.J. said...

Mr. JJ must love me too - I am holding a baseball that was once held by the one and only BAMF Ted Lilly!

J.J. said...

CUBS WIN!! How are the Cards fans taking that shut out, KD?

KD said...

JJ, that is AWESOME! Mr JJ did good!

As for the Cards fans...my afternoon at work became overwhelmingly busy so I didn't have time to check on them before I left job #1 to go straight to job #2. Ugh.

But..GO CUBS GO!