Thursday, July 29, 2010

homeless chic

Good Lord, you should see me today. I look like I just rolled out of bed, threw some clothes on and came to work. Actually, that's exactly what happened. Yikes.

Last night was an insomnia filled night. When I was asleep, I was having really weird dreams (I can't remember them now, but trust me, they were weird). I woke up in a panic when the effin alarm went off, completely disoriented (it happens). So today I have some baggy t-shirt on with jeans and flip flops. VERY office appropriate, if I do say so myself. Don't be jealous.

I also woke up with two key ingredients for the makings of a migraine-nausea and headache. Awesome. It's gonna be a GREAT day!

In other news, the Cubs suck. But you already knew that, didn't you? At least Colvin and Castro give me something to live for.......SIGH. I've given up on the team for this season. It is officially official. As such, I must pick a new NL Central team to root for because, well, I AM still loyal to our division. Problem with that is, I don't like the other teams in the NL Central, so I must chose the team I hate the least. And, my friends (don't shoot me Cubs fans), that is the...................Cardinals. It's true. I'd rather eat glass than have the Reds win (lookin at you Joey Votto, even if you are Canadian), I hate the Astros and the Pirates because the Cubs can't beat them for some odd reason, and I hate the Brewers because, well, Ryan Braun is on the team. Sooooooo, that leaves me with the Redbirds. I have a previously established crush on Skip Schumaker, so the transition shouldn't be too painful. That and Adam Wainwright is also a hottie. Soooo, while I'll still watch Cubs games this season, I'll be doing it solely to see how individuals are playing-Tyler Colvin and Starlin Castro continue to shine (and carry the team, let's face it), and it's Lou's last year. Ugh. I hate that it's come to this but, well, that's life as a Cubs fan.

14 comments:

Blue said...

Hey KD, I hope you don't get a migraine, I get them as well, they suck.
Ok, well it seems like DLee will be a Cub for the rest of the season, from what I read he blocked a possible trade to the Angels, so he Cub he reamins. I think that he will be gone at seasons end though. We need Big Z to be gone for sure though.

kristy said...

Everyone likes a winner, sis. good choice. however, this series with the pondscum may quickly change your new allegiance. I think the cardinals may be even more frustrating than the cubbies, b/c they SHOULD be winning, but find new ways to lose everyday.

KD said...

Oh I know, I heard about the game last night. Everyone on FB was like "Cards got 6 in the 1st" and thought they'd kick ass...um, not so much. Actually, it sounded like a Cubs game-giving up a 6 run lead? Sounds about right. At least they won in the end.

Let's band together and say DOWN WITH THE REDS!!!! Boo hiss!!!

Sis, what you said about the Cards applies to my Cubbies as well-they should be playing WAY WAY WAY better than they are but also find new and interesting ways to lose. I know most people expect the Cubs to blow it but you gotta remember this is a team that won the NL Central two years in a row and last year at least finished over .500 (a huge feat, sadly), so now we expect them to compete. SIGH.

Where's Skip?

J.J. said...

KD - I think I know the cause of your migraine. The decision to root for the sworn enemy of the Cubs. It goes against nature. :-)

KD said...

it's true JJ, although I feel I have no other option, since our team stopped trying in like....April.

Still no Ted news. is it possible he'll stay????

Looks like Oswalt is officially going to the Phillies. As the Phils are my other backup team (based solely on my crush on Chase Utley and my fondness for Ryan Howard soleley b/c he's from STL), this could be good news. We'll see.

Blue said...

The latest that I just read is that the Dodgers and Twinkies have the most interest in Ted, with the Mets and Tigers showing some interest as well.

KD said...

my preference would be for Ted to go to......the Cubs.

If that can't happen, then I guess the dodgers would be ok-Ted's from CA.
Although, The Twins DO have Joe Mauer....could make me pay more attention to the AL.....

Blue said...

Well it's official, Oswalt is now a Philly, so now Ted's the next best left out there, I also hear that Greinke of the Royals could be on the trading block.
I'm not a fan of the Twins so maybe Ted will be in Dodger blue, plu he could just drive up the 5 and be home on off days.

KD said...

shouldn't there be a limit for the number of Roy's you can have on one team? I mean, seriously.

Poor Ted, it's like he's the red-headed stepchild. "Hey Ted, you're totally like the THIRD best pitcher available". Ted would beat someone's ass if they said that to him. Why? Because he's Ted "mother effin" Lilly, that's why.

Blue said...

One Roy per customer please....lol.
That sucks that Ted is waiting around to see where he will/may end up next. It's like being in the military waiting for your next set of orders. I'm putting my money on LA.

KD said...

Isn't Ted's wife a practicing veterinarian in Chicago? That'd suck to move. And what about little Theo, aka TRL IV? Think of the children, Hendry!

I want Ted to stay. I realize by baseball standards he's getting old, but we could keep him another couple of years and I think he'd be quite effective.

Blue said...

Ted's still got it, look at how long Mad Dog pitched, Ted can do that as a Cub. Trade Hendry, not Ted.

KD said...

I second that!

Jake Moore said...

Cubs suck today. Cubs sucked yesterday. Cubs will suck tomorrow. It's nice in a world of so much uncertainty to know that one thing for sure.