Tuesday, July 20, 2010

As the MLB trade deadline looms.....

KD is filled with sadness. The Ted Lilly trade rumors continue to swirl and are picking up speed. I don't like it one little bit. I realize for his sake that going to a potential contender would be a good thing, but I heart Theodore Roosevelt Lilly. And, despite his ERA and record this season, he is a damn good pitcher. Take Carlos "I was just kidding about being good" Silva. Take the other Carlos too...you know, the crazy one.

Here are the Cubs I would not miss:
Ryan Theriot. Sorry dude, but it's true.
Xavier Nady. Meh.
Mike Fontenot. I'm not sold on the Cajun connection (see Ryan Theriot above).
Some of those random bullpen pitchers that all look alike.
Fuke. Sorry Fuke, but let's face it, we have all the outfielders we need.


I'm sure there are more, but I'm sleepy this morning and can't think clearly. I may start drinking heavily if the Cubs trade Ted. It'll be a dark, dark day in Cubfandom.

3 comments:

Jen Estes said...

I agree. I will part with any (hell, ALL) of them to keep Ted. Selfish, I know, but it's TED!

KD said...

I know! Ted is our fearless leader and the only player on the Cubs whou could be considered a bad ass. I mean seriously, dude has punched his own manager in the face before. That's hot.

Blue said...

I'm not sure what the powers that be are going to do as far as trades go, but if we don't trade anyone that counts, we sure as hell need to make a run and win the division, anything less is a failure. There is no more waiting for next year, if the second half of this season does not muster up a title for us, then it's time to break this team apart and start with some fresh faces that can get it done. Get rid of Big Z, Fuke and some of those pitchers I have never seen or heard of before.