Tuesday, July 13, 2010

MLB All-Star Game

I don't know why, but I love the All-Star Game. Mind you, I don't watch the entire thing (that would just be crazy) but I really love the introduction of the players and the feel that, for just one night, they are all on the same team. Tonight my NL loyalties will reign supreme. I will probably stick around for most of the game to see if the Cubs lone representative, Marlon Byrd, gets to make an appearance. I sure hope he does. Byrdie deserves it. And, I think America would like a chance to get a look at his guns. MEOW! Which brings me to my next reason for liking the All-Star Game-seeking out new hotties to obsess over. I don't see the AL players much, perhaps there's a hottie out there I'm not aware of? I mean, I already have Joe Mauer on my All-Hottie Team, but perhaps there's others?

I'm still not over my bitterness over the St. Louis fans cheering for everyone on the NL team except for Ted Lilly and Ryan Braun last year (they both got undeserved boos from the classy STL crowd....). YOU'RE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM TONIGHT A-HOLES. Just sayin. So, let's band together and try to cheer the NL on to a long awaited victory!

Also, my condolences to the Steinbrenner family and the Yankees organization as George Steinbrenner passed away this morning. Love 'em or hate 'em, it's always sad when someone passes away.

2 comments:

Jen Estes said...

Keep me posted on any Byrd sighting, KD, as you know I can't endure the whole thing.

RIP Big Stein. I've always had a soft spot for the old man because - much like me - he loved the Seinfeld parody of himself so much.

KD said...

Some observations from last night's home run derby:

1. I loved listening to Ubaldo Jimenez try to speak English. It was quite endearing.

2. Ryan Braun is still a d-bag. When asked about his rough start this season, he douchily said something to the effect of "adversity makes you stronger". Um..what?

3. Big Papi may have used some roids in his day, but he is still quite entertaining...and very smily.

4. Hanley Ramirez seems to have a bad attitude.

5. While he is still the most unattractive man in all of MLB, Corey Hart was quite impressive last night....at least for the first round. Don't get me started on his hair.....