Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I don't adapt to change well

I don't like change. I'm a creature of habit. Change throws me all out of whack. I'm like my father that way.

So, of course, life has thrown me lots of changes recently. For one-Cover Girl. Yes, I buy drugstore makeup, so sue me. On Sunday I went to the Super Wal-Mart in South County (classy, I know) to grocery shop and buy some other essentials. While in the makeup aisle, I looked around for my favorite foundation and couldn't find it. I thought it was Cover Girl, but honestly, I don't really actually pay attention to what brand it is, so I started going up and down all the makeup aisles to find it. I didn't find it. Getting irritated I thought "did they discontinue it?". This happens to my parents a lot-every time they really start to like a product, it gets discontinued. So, thinking I was gonna have to settle for a new foundation, I headed back over to the Cover Girl section and started perusing their foundation selections. Suddenly, lo and behold, I discovered my precious foundation. But how did I miss it, you may be asking yourself. Well, I missed it because they changed the packaging. Why was this necessary? I mean, seriously? All that anguish and turmoil for nothing (Ok, that was a bit melodramatic). SIGH.

Next change occurred today. I opened up the internet here at work and discovered our home page had changed. Now, this is a seemingly minor thing, but, again, I don't like change. Then, I logged into my Hotmail account (yes, this is technically not appropriate being at work at all, but....I don't care) and Hotmail has changed the entire layout too. WTF man?

I won't even get started on all the changes that have been going on at work thanks to healthcare reform and the new mental health parity laws. Thinking about that may cause me to start drinking......at work.

2 comments:

Blue said...

WOW! I didn't even know that Hotmail was still around : )

Blue said...

Oh yeah, change sucks....lol