Tuesday, July 13, 2010

KD's running dialog during the All-Star Game...with myself...and pictures!

It started as running commentary on my Facebook page. I then decided I would document my thoughts about last night's All-Star Game. For the first time EVER, I watched every second of it. Below are some of my random thoughts, complete with pictures to give you a visual:

We should all start singing "Kumbaya" and holding hands... :)United for one night and one night only. Oh and DAMN Joe Mauer is hot! (my response to my FB peeps who were excited that we were actually cheering for the same team for once)

Josh Hamilton, you're one of my favorite players...but thanks for the DP!

Dammit, Ryan Braun! (I think he had just struck out when I yelled this)

Joe Mauer is batting ONLY .293....I guess that is low for him since he batted like .700 last season (or something like that)


Andy Pettitte is hot. Corey Hart is not.

Jeter's nearly been hit twice now...by both Jimenez and Josh Johnson. Good job boys.

This game is definitely pitcher dominated. Pettitte? Filthy. Johnson. Filthy. Cliff Lee? Filthy.(pitchers....get it?)

Holy crap..nice catch Ryan Braun to rob Josh Hamilton! Wow! (cheering for him felt very, very dirty)


0-0 game in the 5th. Who will score first?

Marlon Byrd sighting! He's playing CF in the 5th! Go Byrdie!(yes, he's in a Texas uni in this pic...but I thought you'd enjoy the guns)
Whoa Kuo! WTF kind of throw was that???? AL 2nd and 3rd...no outs. Yikes.

1-0 AL. Boo. Kuo sucks.

Joe Mauer-not playing well...baserunning mistake-looked like Ryan Theriot out there (NOT a compliment). He's still sexy though. Mauer...not Theriot. Just so we're clear.
Though this is not new news, I feel I must say it.....the AL is better than the NL. Period.


Byrd with an attempted running/diving catch...he didn't get it. But he gets an "A" for effort! (sorry, I couldn't find a pic of it)

Ha ha! Pujols kid was talking smack to Scott Rolen. Love it. He apparently looked at Rolen and said "what are YOU doing here?". Love it!

Marlon Byrd batting in the 7th draws a walk. Nice AB Byrdie! (and as we now all know, withouth that two out walk, Brian McCann wouldn't have had the opportunity to bat and hit that bases clearing double...)

Byrd scores on Brian McCann's base clearing double! 3-1 NL!I realize Brian McCann and puppies has nothing to do with last night's game. I just liked the pic.
NL got out of the 7th still up 3-1 no thanks to Matt Holliday. Dude has some real issues catching routine fly balls....

I love Brian Wilson (Giants closer) and his mohawk! And the bright orange shoes. Saw an interview with him once-he is hilarious! In the middle of the interview he picked up a guitar and started singing "Carribean Queen". That, my friends, is awesome. And there were empty bottles of Sky vodka behind him. I want to party with this guy.

LMAO! Heath Bell is wearing 3-D glasses for no apparent reason. Love it! (I SO wish I had a pic of it!)

Look at Marlon Byrd smiling during his 2nd at-bat. I love this guy! He's having fun out there. Who cares if he struck out?

"The Cubs will start the 2nd half 9.5 games out of first in the NL Central"-thanks for reminding us, Joe Buck. A-hole.

Brilliant play by Byrdie! Defensive play of the game throwing out Big Papi at 2nd! He may have just saved the game!
(turns out, he did)

WOO HOO!! NL WINS! NL WINS! And Byrdie had his fellow outfielders do the Cubbie jump with him-nice. Dude had a smile on his face the entire night. I love this guy!Not a sight you'll see everyday. But tonight, they were teammates.

No comments: