Monday, November 16, 2009

There is nothing creepy about stalking professional athletes....

Did everyone have a good weekend? Mine was splendid, thanks for asking. I was actually quite busy and left the house a lot-a far departure from my typical sleep-in-stay-in-my-jammies-all-day-and-not-wear-makeup-for-48-hours weekend.

On Friday, I worked at my part-time job until 8:30 and then met up with my friends Val and Robin and..........my precious Mikey Poo!!!! I haven't seen him since he left UBH to go to that other company. Oh how I've missed my boo. We had a fun night, pics are up on Facebook, no need to put pics of drag queens on my blog-right? This is a family show. Anyhoo, got home around 2-ish and had to be at Dobbs by 7-ish to get new tires. Needless to say, I was quite sleepy and looked like a hot mess, so, of course, I would run into someone I know, right? Right. I ran into a co-worker, I chatted with him but didn't make eye contact. I'm ok with strangers seeing me look rough, but not people I know. Yikes. Anyway, so now I have two new tires-amazing how well your car stops and starts when your tires have tread on them. Go figure.

Around mid-day on Saturday I met my Aunt Jan, Aunt Cheryl, Aunt Mary and cousin Rachel for brunch at First Watch (breakfast all day-yum!) and ran into my friends Freida and Judy there (I was still looking rough, but a little less so). Good times were had by all. The afternoon was spent running errands, taking a nap and then getting ready to head out to the hockey game.

So, I went to the Blues game with my friends Tanya and Allison (T&A for short).....and Allison's dad. OMG, he is awesome. It was like hanging out with my Grandpa-Allison's dad is not that much younger than gramps. I'm sure he thought he was cool hanging out with us three ladies. Tanya scored us awesome seats, not far from the ice, and almost within spitting distance of Blues goalie Chris Mason (I heart him). The first period was awesome-lots of fights and the Blues actually scored. The game pretty much went downhill from there, but we still had fun. Afterwards, us girls went to the hockey hangout, OB Clarks and prepared ourselves to run into some Blues. The night did not disappoint. We first saw former Blue Kelly Chase (who now does radio), and some Blues player with a broken arm that we didn't recognize (turns out it was Alexander Steen-who knew. According to Allison he "looks Russian...or Slavic". No stereotyping there.). ;) Later we got to see the creme de la creme, TJ Oshie, who, along with Chris Mason, is my favorite Blue. I'll post pics when I get home tonight-yes, we were those people that took pics of them. Hey, at least I didn't ask any of them to sign my boobs with a sharpie. Just sayin.

So, this Canadian I know suggested I start a tally sheet of all the Blues players I encounter out in public (the goal is to see all of them at least once). I may do that, but for now, here's the list of players I've seen there:

Chris Mason (HOT in person)
Ty Conklin (also HOT in person)
BJ Crombeen (sorta HOT in person)
Alexander Steen (not HOT in person)
Kelly Chase (never was HOT)
TJ Oshie (looks 12 so gets to be adorable, not HOT)

And from last season:
Keith Tkachuk (only hot when he has his teeth in)
Erik Johnson (so not hot)

The list is growing my friends. Growing indeed. Oh, and it should be noted that Kelly Chase stepped on Tanya's foot, so we'll be preparing the lawsuit any day now.

2 comments:

Blue said...

Hi KD, sounds like you had a great weekend. Mine involved yard work, washing the truck and going to Walmart to see people shop in their pj's....lol...wtf is up with that?
It's like "No Pj's, No service"

KD said...

Hey Blue! Yea, it was a pretty good one. Yours sounds exciting-any trip to Wal-Mart is an opportunity for fun. :)