Friday, November 27, 2009

KD's Annual Thanksgiving Message

2009. Where did the year go? I mean, seriously? It's true what they say, the older you get, the faster time goes by. Make it stop.


2009 has been an interesting year. Full of highs, had some lows, but mostly I can chalk it up to a year that's not too bad.


The highest of highs was the birth of my sweet little niece Kendall in April. That child has been such an amazing gift-I'm truly grateful every single day that she's in our lives. I can't imagine life without her. Yes, it's safe to say I'm one proud auntie. It doesn't hurt that she's absolutely gorgeous as well. ;) Just thinking about her makes me tear up...I'm not sure I've ever loved something so much.


This may seem like a surprise but I'm thankful for the "friend" who betrayed me a few months ago-Im sure y'all remember, I was quite upset about it and wrote an anger-filled post regarding the situation. The reason I want to thank her for is ths-after I got over the hurt and the anger (and the urge to bitch slap her in the face), I started evaluating my own behavior, and how I am to others. And since then, I have made a conscious effort to be a nicer person, I think about the things I say before I say them and in the end, I've become a much happier person. I'm proud to say I was able to take something negative and make it into a positive. So, to You Know Who You Are (and probably still stalk my blog), thanks for being such a bitch, because now I'm less of one. Oh and one more thing....I don't miss you.

I'm thankful for my REAL friends, my amazing family-especially my parents. I often feel I don't deserve them. They are amazing and I have no idea what I'd do without them. I'm thankful that I have such a good relationship with my siblings (including my awesome brother-in-law) and I'm thankful that God has given me another year with my Grandpa (and hopefully many more).

I am a very lucky girl. I love you all. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: