Thursday, November 19, 2009

Old men in long underwear

It's Old Newsboys Day today. Don't know what that is? Well, basically, people stand out on a street corner in freezing November and sell special editions of the Suburban Journal and the money goes to benefit underprivileged kids. I know this because my nearly 82 year old grandpa is one of those people that stands outside every year (catch him near the intersection of Hwy 270 and the Washington/Elizabeth exit!). So, since this is something that is important to Gramps, I decided to go ahead and give a couple bucks (generous, I know) to this little old guy standing on my street. He was, at a minimum, 90 years old and cute as a button! Before I drove away, thinking I was being polite, I said "stay warm!" and this little old guys says "Oh, I will, I've got my long underwear on". Uhm....TMI old guy. TMI. I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that, so I just wished him a good day and drove off. Wow.

So, tomorrow is Moving Day at work. You should see this office right now. Two words-Hot Mess. The beauty of Moving Day being tomorrow is that I don't have to deal with it. Yes, friends, after tonight at 8:30pm this girl is ON VACATION. Hot damn, it couldn't come a moment too soon. I don't have to be back at work until November 30. Yay for me! You may be asking yourself what I'm gonna be doing on my extended vaca. Well, I'll tell you, some VERY exciting stuff. Tomorrow I will be sleeping in and playing Farmville on Facebook all day. Possibly seeing New Moon that night. Saturday, probably some more sleeping in, then doing some Blues stalking later in the night. Sunday, church followed by a short shift at the crisis line. Monday, I get to go to my favoritest place on Earth...it's better than Disneyland....and that place is...THE DENTIST. Valium please. After my trip to hell, er, um, I mean the dentist, I am off to Salem where I will remain until the following Sunday. God bless my parents for putting up with me for that long. I'm sure my mom will put me to work and on Wednesday, I'll have to supervise my dad and brother putting up the Christmas tree (family tradition). I plan to see some old friends while down there as well. I can't wait.

Also, dear faithful readers, be on the lookout for my annual KD's Thanksgiving Message. This years edition is gonna be a good one, already working on the rough draft. ;)

9 comments:

kristy said...

I cannot wait until next week! Bring on the turkey!

Blue said...

Hi, ok, so what if the old man on your street has a really old pair of long undies? What if they are beat up and have holes? That will let in the cold KD, he could be wishing for a new set...lol...I think this calls for a trip to Wallyworld for you.....lol
I'm happy that you are missing the move, those never go as planned. In the military, your vacation would have gotten canx until the move was complete, then you could go...lol
So Salem as in Conn? Or is there another Salem that I don't know about?

Blue said...

I meant Salem, Mass....lol

KD said...

Blue...it's Salem, Missouri-even MORE exciting. A town of about 5,000 people...good times are always had by all. :)

Sis....CAN'T WAIT to see you guys!

Blue said...

5,0000, that is pretty small. Why do I picture Hazzard County ala Dukes of Hazzard....lol

Blue said...

My town is about 20K, not alot of fun here either.

KD said...

yea...and my parents live in the middle of the woods...can't see any neighbors from their house. It's pretty peaceful, actually. I'm pretty excited to do nothing for a few days. I WILL keep up my workouts though...can't let all my hard work go to waste!

Blue said...

Well I hope that you get to relax alot and do keep on top of the workouts, once you stop it's hard to get going on them again.

KD said...

Oh I know Blue! Even if I skip one day, I feel sluggish the next day. Can't have it! :)