Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Confessions of an idiot

I need help.

I recently developed an obsession with red grapefruit (????). There's only one problem----I don't know how to eat it. I know, I know, those that know me well are currently shaking their heads and wondering when my room at the group home will be ready, but I really don't know how to eat it.

I bought some fresh red grapefruit at the grocery store last night and brought one in to work today to eat. I cut it in half as I've seen other people do and brought it back to my desk. Now, let me provide you with a visual-my desk currently looks like I'm about to do surgery. I have a bowl, a plastic fork, a real fork and a real spoon, several paper towels and, of course, the grapefruit. Here is what has happened so far-I have grapefruit juice all over me and all over my desk. Digging the grapefruit out with a fork doesn't seem to be working, nor does the spoon option help.

So, I ask you, how in the HELL does one eat fresh grapefruit????? Do I need to peel the outside off? Do I need someone to do it for me? What????

10 comments:

KD said...

I've now added a plastic knife to my arsenal. It seems to be helping.

ern said...

you really are special, kerri. i heart you.

Cheryl Verde said...

Please go to ehow.com in the future! Go to http://www.ehow.com/how_5200599_properly-eat-grapefruit.html right now!

Love you!

KD said...

That site is helpful Auntie C! But here's what I learned, basically any way you attack a grapefruit, it is GOING TO BE A GIANT PAIN IN THE ASS.

A quote from the site: "you can purchase special grapefruit spoons and skip the knife altogether".

WTF? Seriously? Uhm....I'll stick with bananas. At least I, unlike my friend Tanya, know how to peel a banana. Kinda.

Blue said...

Hi KD, so how did the grapefruit experience go? I usually eat them like an orange.
By the way, I went to Wally world, and found some of those caramel apple candy corn, they are so freaking good!...and they were on sale....lol

KD said...

Blue, NOOOOOOOO! You're gonna become addicted too! Aren't they the best? It's like crack!

Apparently, eating grapefruit like an orange is the way to go. I'll have to try that tomorrow and let y'all know how that goes.....

Blue said...

I like these much better than regular candy corn....hmmmm, I should have gotten two packs instead of one, but wally world was a mad house and never enough registers open....I hate that.

Anonymous said...

kerri if i was there i would do it for you, i hate grapefruit but my family loves it. you have to cut it in half the right way first, ed always does it wrong. i can do a whole one in about a minute. i have all these special skills that no one knows about!
lizard

KD said...

Lizard! Where were you in my time of need? Why aren't you available at my beck and call? It's not like you have five kids to take care of or anything......

luvrob said...

grapefruit spoon, I'll bring you one. I freaking love grapefruit. I also peel them like oranges but it's sticky and not recommended for work environment.